Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 03-27-2006, 12:27 PM

Default CM Registration How do you do it?

Your CM registration is great. I assume you guys import the information into a database some how. Is this correct? Or does paypal just send you an email with all the information and you have to reenter it?

I'm asking because I believe the TLCA web application needs a makeover and I'm looking for a solution.

Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated. If you have a guru who is charge of this please email me ginericfj80@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Eric V.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Rising Sun Commander

That's pretty much it, Eric. The web site populates a SQL database, then there is a very small # of people who have the power to export from it to Excel. The Excel sheet gets distributed around to all the rest who need it, it's pretty slick. Paypal only give us the name & address & amount, not trail selections or anything.

Kipper was the original mastermind behind the project for CM05, this year is based on last year's platform, with some new tweaks.. If you can't reach him sooner, I'm sure he'll tell you all about it in Moab after your 94 80 with 315/75/16 MT (real 35s not the typical 315) bring you in your large T-shirt back from Pritchett Canyon in time for your beef dinner. See you in the desert!

www.gamiviti.com

Old 03-27-2006, 02:43 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Kipper's the man

Email him...webmaster@risingsun4x4club.org (no I didn't change it )
TLCA#4180
Old 03-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Administrator

It's all dumping to a MySQL db from ASP server pages. The process also sends an email with a copy of the registration data to an email account, so we have redundant data incase of server-go-boom. Our committee members have the ability to download this data into an excel sheet for reports, mailings, trail assignments, blah blah blah. It seems to be a good tool and keeps manual data entry to a minimum.