Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 03-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Hulk's Avatar
Hulk Hulk is offline
Cruise Moab Committee
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Side!
Posts: 11,414
Send a message via AIM to Hulk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman
Doood, JDM!!! here is the link. sorry for the shaky pic I had a squirmy kid in my other hand..
I know, I know, and it is the shiznit, I recognize and give you proper respects, but I'm just not ready to drill the tailgate.


Hmmm. I really like the way your spare tire sits lower. Mine is way up in da air. It is impeding my rear visibility in a most unpleasant way.
__________________
Matt Farr, Centennial, Colorado | Webmaster: TLCA.org
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-29-2006, 06:57 AM
Beater's Avatar
Beater Beater is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 2,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk
I know, I know, and it is the shiznit, I recognize and give you proper respects, but I'm just not ready to drill the tailgate.


Hmmm. I really like the way your spare tire sits lower. Mine is way up in da air. It is impeding my rear visibility in a most unpleasant way.
As my dad said, "never worry about who's behind you" Anything that happens back there will be their fault, so screw 'em"

Anyway, use cristo's bracket on the tire, or I can mount you one. Let me know. In all seriousness, about the high tire, it will flex the bumper/mount more, but they are SO much better on the trail that way. Red_Chilli and I have been runnng them that way for years, and you never have to worry about whacking it on a butt stand. (be quiet kevin). Besides, that's what those little blindspot mirrors are for on your side mirrors.

I will be doing some work tonight if you want to stop by.

j
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-29-2006, 08:34 AM
nakman's Avatar
nakman nakman is offline
Rising Sun Commander
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: north side
Posts: 9,958
Default

Wait a minute, you welded sliders to the frame, but you don't want to poke a couple little holes in the tailgate? I think we're already past the point of no return here..
__________________
99 uzj100, 05 525EXC

www.gamiviti.com

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-29-2006, 08:48 AM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,149
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by green machine
<snip>.... whacking it on a butt stand. (be quiet kevin). <snip>

Quote:
Originally Posted by green machine
I will be doing some work tonight if you want to stop by.

j
You be whacking or butt standing tonight?

BTW....thats just not fair killing peanut gallery comments about mounting it high and whacking it on a butt stand....down right mean!
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-29-2006, 08:52 AM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,149
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman
Wait a minute, you welded sliders to the frame, but you don't want to poke a couple little holes in the tailgate? I think we're already past the point of no return here..
Not the same....holes are permanant but appearantly the sliders are easily removable by posing in mining test holes and/or drifts on snow runs!
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-29-2006, 09:04 AM
Hulk's Avatar
Hulk Hulk is offline
Cruise Moab Committee
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Side!
Posts: 11,414
Send a message via AIM to Hulk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman
Wait a minute, you welded sliders to the frame, but you don't want to poke a couple little holes in the tailgate? I think we're already past the point of no return here..
Doesn't seem logical, huh? My running boards were already kind of thrashed, so the sliders were an upgrade aesthetically as well as practically. And I have a good spot for the license plate, so punching holes into my perfect tailgate isn't absolutely necessary.

But that JDM license plate bracket is suh-weet! And only $75. Hmmm...
__________________
Matt Farr, Centennial, Colorado | Webmaster: TLCA.org
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-29-2006, 09:07 AM
Beater's Avatar
Beater Beater is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 2,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk
Doesn't seem logical, huh? My running boards were already kind of thrashed, so the sliders were an upgrade aesthetically as well as practically. And I have a good spot for the license plate, so punching holes into my perfect tailgate isn't absolutely necessary.

But that JDM license plate bracket is suh-weet! And only $75. Hmmm...
christo's is like 10.00? wth? is he out?
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Hulk's Avatar
Hulk Hulk is offline
Cruise Moab Committee
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Side!
Posts: 11,414
Send a message via AIM to Hulk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by green machine
As my dad said, "never worry about who's behind you" Anything that happens back there will be their fault, so screw 'em"

Anyway, use cristo's bracket on the tire, or I can mount you one. Let me know. In all seriousness, about the high tire, it will flex the bumper/mount more, but they are SO much better on the trail that way. Red_Chilli and I have been runnng them that way for years, and you never have to worry about whacking it on a butt stand. (be quiet kevin). Besides, that's what those little blindspot mirrors are for on your side mirrors.

I will be doing some work tonight if you want to stop by.

j
John, what do I need to do? Christo's bracket? For what?
I appreciate the offer, and might be able to come by, but I'm not certain what part we're talking about here!
__________________
Matt Farr, Centennial, Colorado | Webmaster: TLCA.org
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-29-2006, 09:13 AM
Hulk's Avatar
Hulk Hulk is offline
Cruise Moab Committee
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Side!
Posts: 11,414
Send a message via AIM to Hulk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by green machine
christo's is like 10.00? wth? is he out?
Oh, now it makes sense. See, I didn't even realize that Christo had a license plate bracket.
__________________
Matt Farr, Centennial, Colorado | Webmaster: TLCA.org
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,149
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk
Oh, now it makes sense. See, I didn't even realize that Christo had a license plate bracket.
Here is my rear Slee set up....
Attached Images
 
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.