Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 03-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Rising Sun Member

UB, are you suffering from cabin fever? Every other post of yours has a rant smiley in it these days.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Honorary Canuck Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bigbluefj

I'm sure glad i don't need to go through this wow!!!

Kevin
Old 03-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
UB, are you suffering from cabin fever? Every other post of yours has a rant smiley in it these days.
My time of the month! Actually I realized that too. Been really busy and I do pretty good about breezing over the forum to say in touch with whats going on but most post I make are knee jerk lately either about grievances or when I have an answer that needs to come out as an active contributer. My apologies for seeming grumpy! ....and yes....I do have cabin fever and yes....I plan on rectifying that too!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 03-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
So get this- I get to the Broomfield Air Care place, I'm 3 deep in line. 25 minutes later they're still messing with the first truck.. then the gal comes in to say sorry folks, the all wheel drive rollers are broken. Here's the number you can call us later this afternoon to see if we've got them fixed, or here's a map to a different location.

edit: I pulled a 10 sticker off of our Prius' old plate, so in the interim at least my license plate appears to be current.
That is BS! It was broken when I was there when I bought my 80! Same story then too.
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 03-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Rising Sun Member

Heck, Uncle Ben, at least you aren't grumpy all of the time like I am. I've recently doubled my Metamucil intake and that seems to be helping and spring is right around the corner. That always helps in coming out of hibernation. Been jonesin' for a road trip - one of those always set me straight. I hope your cabin fever plan works well for you.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Default passed.

So yesterday at lunch I go down to the Arvada station... forget it that line must have been 20 deep, easily an hour+ wait.

Today I called to verify the AWD rollers are working again, so I take an early lunch to try to beat "the rush." I wait for 20 minutes before I even get to the dude, which I used to eat my Taco Bell and idle at 1500rpm's...

I finally get my chance on the rollers and it was the most adventure I've ever experienced there. The roller girl runs through the test, and I'm watching the screen and it says "test aborted - oil leak failure." WTF? Don't get me started... my 80 does a lot of things but one thing it does NOT do is leak oil... and I sure don't see anything hitting the ground.

But whatever, fire it up again here we go for round two. This time the screen says something like "unable to retrieve deceleration data - manager approval required." Are you kidding me? So the girl goes and gets another guy, also the senior manager gal, they huddle up followed by, you guessed it.. test three. By this time I've made pretty good friends with the H3 guy in line behind me, who at this point is starting to worry about his new cold air intake and high flow cat-back exhaust...

So round three ends with the same error message, but they quickly scrolled through the screens and on forward the 80 was waved. Now it gets really good- manager gal drives the 80 forward, not roller girl... and in addition to handing the gas cap to the old guy at the computer, she proceeds to inspect this truck for no less than 10 minutes, I'm serious. She didn't peek at the cats with the mirror, she laid under the truck for a solid 5 minutes! She then opens the hood, stands on the front tire, then who knows what she's looking at but eventually jumps down and shuts the hood. Looking irritated, she walks back to old guy at the computer, taps in a few comments into the system, then heads back to wherever she's used to standing.

I finally get "the wave," and old computer guy hands me the paper with the "passed the inspection, good for 2 years" explanation of what all they just went through.. wtf just happened? Also the H3 is already done at this point, it's right up behind me with another car already on the rollers (that's how long the visual inspection took)

And to recap, I did next to nothing- I ran my original tank of gas almost empty, then dumped in a bottle of Lucas Fuel System cleaner and filled up with 91 octane.

Then I illegally transferred a "10" sticker from an old license plate onto the 80, and proceeded to drive about 200 more miles, including some solid highway miles.

Can't wait to put the 35's back on, see you in 2 years, Air Care Colorado..

edit: So my CO is down to less than half- is that just the newer gas? And the ozone layer is better but it looks like I'm killing plants now, as I'm somehow releasing less CO2

Here are the readings:
Attached Images

www.gamiviti.com

Last edited by nakman; 03-02-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Hard Core 4+

Congrats!

1997 FZJ80, White, Locked, deflared, 5.29'd, 4-5" lift, Fox's, DC shafts F/R, 35" AT's, Metal Tech front bumper w/ winch, custom tube rear bumper, SROR sliders, IPOR skid, Custom exhaust, Snorkel, Eezi-Awn 1600, Mark's Speedo Box.

2008 Subaru WRX Wagon, mods and lifted on 27's

2001 Honda XR400 with goodies
Old 03-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Good lord, what a PITA! Glad you passed, Tim. Maybe if you drive by one of the ACC trucks on the side of the road, you won't need to do this again in 2 years.
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
... She then opens the hood, stands on the front tire, then who knows what she's looking at but eventually jumps down and shuts the hood. Looking irritated, she walks back to old guy at the computer, taps in a few comments into the system, then heads back to wherever she's used to standing.
I thought for sure she was going to fail you for the illegal Snackster bolted to your manifold.

Glad you passed!
Old 03-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
I thought for sure she was going to fail you for the illegal Snackster bolted to your manifold.
yeah good thing they don't test the driver for methane.

www.gamiviti.com