Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 02-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Yes, but he didn't run on the message of "hope". This thread is in the tech section not political section.
But like the other we now have to "cope!" Hi-jack off
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 02-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Alright, alright, I get it now... so two years ago I would have passed no problem, but because the rules changed now I no longer pass? So my truck that two years ago was A-OK according to the State of Colorado air quality standards today is deemed to be over-polluting.

Kind of like making an older house meet today's building codes when it gets remodeled? Ok this is a little political now isn't it..

www.gamiviti.com

Old 02-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
Alright, alright, I get it now... so two years ago I would have passed no problem, but because the rules changed now I no longer pass? So my truck that two years ago was A-OK according to the State of Colorado air quality standards today is deemed to be over-polluting.

Kind of like making an older house meet today's building codes when it gets remodeled? Ok this is a little political now isn't it..
Very good Grasshopper!

TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 02-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post

Home insurance companies have been sticking it to us for more than 20 years, in my experience, in the exact same way. It goes beyond the Republicrat/Demopublican divides.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

Pulled this one off Mud.

http://www.bouldercounty.org/health/...hangeTable.pdf
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 02-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by treerootCO View Post

That's the reason I needed 2 cats to pass.

Good thing Ritter ain't running again.
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Hard Core 4+

Speaking of ritter, you have three days to order stuff off the internet before you have to pay taxes.
ige tlca #1431
Old 02-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearlemon View Post
Speaking of ritter, you have three days to order stuff off the internet before you have to pay taxes.
Jeebus, and I heard an advert on the radio yesterday saying to contact your local legislators to squelch an effort to tax music played on the radio? Didn't catch the full gist of the story so if anyone knows, please fill us in. Christo, you are going to have to move father away that from the Front Range to get away from this BS as you were mentioning recently.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Didn't catch the full gist of the story so if anyone knows, please fill us in.
Colorado HB10-1193

A BILL FOR AN ACT CONCERNING THE COLLECTION OF 101 SALES AND USE TAXES ON SALES MADE BY OUT-OF-STATE RETAILERS.

Bill Summary

Section 1 of the bill relates to current law requiring a retailer to collect sales tax from a person residing in this state only if the retailer has sufficient connections with this state. Commencing March 1, 2010, section 1 articulates a presumption that any out-of-state retailer that has a referral relationship with an affiliate has an obligation to collect sales tax. The bill specifies that the presumption may be rebutted by the out-of-state retailer if the retailer can show that the affiliate with whom the retailer has such a relationship did not engage in active solicitation. The bill defines an affiliate as a person residing in this state that solicits business by means of a public forum in this state.

Section 2 specifies that, for purposes of any efforts to collect use tax, the executive director of the department of revenue may issue a subpoena to any out-of-state retailer if the out-of-state retailer refuses to voluntarily furnish specific information when requested and may take the out-of-state retailer's testimony under oath. If the out-of-state retailer fails or refuses to respond to the subpoena and give testimony, the executive director may apply to any judge of the district court of the state of Colorado for an attachment against the out-of-state retailer for contempt.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 02-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Rising Sun Member

[quote=DaveInDenver;139212]Colorado HB10-1193

A BILL FOR AN ACT CONCERNING THE COLLECTION OF 101 SALES AND USE TAXES ON SALES MADE BY OUT-OF-STATE RETAILERS.

<snip>
Thanks Dave, but I was looking for info on the taxation of music played on the radio. I bet that you know the answers, or will shortly, on that issue too.
Hey, did I leave my cooler there the other night? The contents are probably long gone but that's cool.