Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 09-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60wag View Post
Wow great pix. I was going to post some but what I have is poorer quality versions of what's already up. How do you get decent photo quality when you have to make it less than 150k? When I reduce the density, my pictures get blurry.

The 40s run was a hoot. I thought I understood the 40 thing before this run but I found out that I didn't. I am curious though, why were we the only truck with the top folded down? Does the novelty wear off that fast?

Thanks to Martin for making this a regular event. It really did have a different feel to it.
Host them on a site like Smugmug or flikr and then you can post/link them into your posts at any resolution.

If anyone has any good shots from the run they haven't posted yet, email them to me and I'll submit them with my Toyota Trails article.

'85 FJ60
Old 09-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
How do you get decent photo quality when you have to make it less than 150k? When I reduce the density, my pictures get blurry.
Use a program like Photoshop or GIMP to reduce the photos to a good pixel dimension. I made all of mine a maximum of 700 px wide or tall. Then save at a quality of 60 or 70 (Photoshop) using the "Save for web" feature (Photoshop).
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Rising Sun Member

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...s/default.mspx

or get the powertoy, then you can just right click on a bunch a pics and resize.. they stay looking pretty good. What are you using?
82 FJ40
Old 09-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Rising Sun Member

Great pics..Also jealous...the pic with Terry's 40 in front with snow and line up behind him, seems like it should be the December shot in the 2010 calendar....
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 09-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Hard Core 4+

really wish I could have made it to the top. I feal like I really missed out on a great experance!
Old 09-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Awesome run. bummed my 40 missed it! Thanks for the Pics! I can't wait for next year.
TLCA#4180
Old 09-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Rising Sun member

Quote:
Wow great pix. I was going to post some but what I have is poorer quality versions of what's already up. How do you get decent photo quality when you have to make it less than 150k? When I reduce the density, my pictures get blurry.

The 40s run was a hoot. I thought I understood the 40 thing before this run but I found out that I didn't. I am curious though, why were we the only truck with the top folded down? Does the novelty wear off that fast?

Thanks to Martin for making this a regular event. It really did have a different feel to it.
I use Irfanview and it works really well for resizing pics to 800x600 or so, which usually takes them down below 150k.

I would love to run my 40 with the windshield down most of the time on the trail! In the summer sometimes it can get too hot baking in the sun though, and in the winter time I really don't mind having heat! It only really becomes a problem if there's a lot of high-speed driving going on; above about 25mph the headwind becomes really stiff and it's hard to keep your head up (especially if you have a hat on!)

But at Chinaman's (1.5 years of ownership), CM '08 (3.5 years of ownership), and at other times I have run with the windshield down - love the view! It looked like most other people on the run wanted heat instead of novelty and had either hard or soft tops, neither of which you can (easily) use with the windshield down!

Time for you to get one Bruce!
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 09-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

My 40 gets a lot more use in the summer than in other seasons, specifically because of the top issue. My favorite way to run is with only the bikini top, so I can enjoy all the open air but keep my scalp from getting sun burnt.

Considering we got home at 9:15 p.m. from this run, with Charlie asleep across the back seat, having a full top with windows was essential.

I hardly ever fold down the windshield, however.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Only thing cooler than seeing all these sweet 40's on the run is knowing how many other 40's are in the club and couldn't make it.. I can think of at least 10. what an awesome collection, put me down for an open seat next year, +1.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 09-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Rising Sun Member

Next year I'm going to make sure to avoid the possibility of snow so we can all run sans-tops and doors if we so desire. That is half the fun of a 40.

'85 FJ60