Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 10-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Hard Core 4+

My first project is to stop all the leaks. And clearance the tranny pan around the front drive shaft. Then I'm going to re skin the rear quarters. I like how there cut but I hate 90deg strait edges. So I'm going to cut in some smooth curve. Then I'm going to cut out the whole tub/trunk area. I'm going to make my own tub sides and floor. Dropong the floor down .5" and narrowing the width from 41-3/8" down to 35-3/8". So it will be 6" skinner. And your all problly saying what the hell. Trust me. It'll be a suprise on the next run after completion you'll all see. Unless you guess before band. And you probly will. Then fix the retarded spots in the cage. And all new autometer gauges so I can actually see what my oil pressure and coolent temp is with out a flashlight. Tube fenders front, custom (Timztoy) made fear tube fenders. Yes rear tube fenders. You'll see. And a (Timztoy) rear swingout bumper/tire carrier. Set of sliders ( last on list at this point). And get rid of this darn spool. I'm thinking arb. Might as well do it right the first time. Eventually a metalic blue paintjob. Oh ya. Duha. I set of mirriors. Lol I dont have any at this point. If someone could lend a pair that would be great.

If anyone knows a steel shop that sells and bends sheet steel that's be great. Or someone who has a 48" break that can Handel at liest 1/16"

Last edited by TIMZTOY; 10-17-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Hard Core 4+

Sheash, you've been in CO for what a month now? and already you've gone from 2wd tacoma to SOA 40. I always knew this club was a bad influence. While I agree the current body ain't pretty. I don't really see the point in narrowing a fj40. They're about the skinniest of all the toyota's and certainly narrow enough to fit through any of the trails in CO. But I always like to see what people are building so.... I'll be waiting for the write up. I bet i'll be just as good as your bed bob. Congrats on the new toy.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnhamstj View Post
Sheash, you've been in CO for what a month now? and already you've gone from 2wd tacoma to SOA 40. I always knew this club was a bad influence. While I agree the current body ain't pretty. I don't really see the point in narrowing a fj40. They're about the skinniest of all the toyota's and certainly narrow enough to fit through any of the trails in CO. But I always like to see what people are building so.... I'll be waiting for the write up. I bet i'll be just as good as your bed bob. Congrats on the new toy.
Hay thanks man. When i start all theise projects to come I should have my new and under used Cannon Rebel EOS SLR camera. My miller 180 w/ autoset. And computer. Yea for computers. Boo iPhone. no I love my iPhone. Wow I hate having all me shiznt in diffrent states.

I'm not making the 40 skinner. just making the Wheel tubs wider by 3" each Inward. Which will make the interior bed smaller. I would actually be making the 40 wider because of the rear tube fenders I plan on fabing. I agree that the 40's are very skinny. Almost makes you want to put wider axles.

Last edited by TIMZTOY; 10-17-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Rising Sun Member

what about the little switch that turns on the cooling fan that is SO easy to forget??
* 99 Saab 9-3 Convertible
* stinky old Ford Diesel tow rig
KDØTIM
TLCA# 15572
TLCA Executive VP 2008-2011
CM Committee Member CM10, CM11
Old 10-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Rising Sun Member

So much for the bad economy.... New 40, new AT trailer, new Tacoma, and Timm B buys a new 40 every week - I guess the RS membership is weathering the storm Ok.

Congrats on the new rig!
Old 10-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Hard Core 4+

I drove the 40 to work this morning after fixingthe oil cap leak and power washing it again. Got to wads and 470. I'm in the left turn Lane under the highway and I decide to see if the cigerete lighter works. The second I pushed the thing in the truck dies. And won't start. :-O after blocking traffic for 5 min and retards behind me not relizing I'm stoped (with the hood up and doors open) a stranger stops and asked if I need a tow out of the intercetion. I say yea. And he towed me back to his house right around the corrner. Neither of us had straps so I decided to just use the winch. Well this very kind, but not to intelegent person wasn't getting the slack out first. So the entire time was BAM, BAM. I'm like OMG my winch you retard. But I can't say anything because he's helping. And he didn't have to. So I just sucked it up and drank my mountain dew. Once we got back to his house. We look at the trucks wiring and found a blown Fuse. Aparentlly it's the main ECM fuse. Because as soon as I replaced it she fired right back up. You'd understand my frustration if you saw the spagaiti under the hood (everything is red wire)
Old 10-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMZTOY View Post
Neither of us had straps so I decided to just use the winch. Well this very kind, but not to intelegent person wasn't getting the slack out first. So the entire time was BAM, BAM.

Once we got back to his house. We look at the trucks wiring and found a blown Fuse. Aparentlly it's the main ECM fuse. Because as soon as I replaced it she fired right back up. You'd understand my frustration if you saw the spagaiti under the hood (everything is red wire)
Glad to hear it was easy enough to get back running; bummer about the wiring all being one color. Does the winch still work?
TLCA #18941
Old 10-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Hard Core 4+

Lol! Nice, the ecm power is on the cla circuit. I guess you will get the opportunity to utilize your electrical skills.

Quote:
I drove the 40 to work this morning after fixingthe oil cap leak and power washing it again. Got to wads and 470. I'm in the left turn Lane under the highway and I decide to see if the cigerete lighter works. The second I pushed the thing in the truck dies. And won't start. :-O after blocking traffic for 5 min and retards behind me not relizing I'm stoped (with the hood up and doors open) a stranger stops and asked if I need a tow out of the intercetion. I say yea. And he towed me back to his house right around the corrner. Neither of us had straps so I decided to just use the winch. Well this very kind, but not to intelegent person wasn't getting the slack out first. So the entire time was BAM, BAM. I'm like OMG my winch you retard. But I can't say anything because he's helping. And he didn't have to. So I just sucked it up and drank my mountain dew. Once we got back to his house. We look at the trucks wiring and found a blown Fuse. Aparentlly it's the main ECM fuse. Because as soon as I replaced it she fired right back up. You'd understand my frustration if you saw the spagaiti under the hood (everything is red wire)
Old 10-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Hard Core 4+

Yea. You bet jeff. I'm thinking painless wiring kit for a chevy tbi. And yes recarido thewinck still works. But I suffer a tragic loose/cut wire in the controler because it's not winding in. Only out
Old 10-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Yea. You bet jeff. I'm thinking painless wiring kit for a chevy tbi. And yes recarido thewinck still works. But I suffer a tragic loose/cut wire in the controler because it's not winding in. Only out
I personally don't care for the Painless engine conversion harnesses. Either rewire the harness for your app or get a Howell or Turbo City harness. Both H & TC use all circuits and sensors and both are very good at burning chips! If I was to buy one today for myself I would call Turbo City!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior