Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > For Sale + Help > Rising Sun Forum Help Corner

Old 10-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk
Question vBulletin 4

We hope your community is enjoying the flexibility and power of vBulletin™. As always, our goal is to offer a great product at a great price, and we are dedicated to helping you build and grow successful online communities.
Over the last 12 months, we have been building vBulletin 4.0 to be the most powerful forum and social publishing software. Today, we are proud to introduce the new vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite product that includes the power of the vBulletin 4.0 Forums with a seamlessly integrated content management system (CMS) and blogging platform.

As a preferred customer with an active license, we are excited to offer the vBulletin Publishing Suite at a pre-sale discount price of only $130 (over 50% off regular price). This is a truly limited one-time special offer giving you $120 off the upgrade price but will expire on Friday October 30, 2009.
Learn more about vBulletin Publishing Suite features and pricing on our new website: http://www.vbulletin.com/

Beginning today, we are introducing new a license structure. vBulletin is changing to a one-time owned license fee for each major point release. That means no more annual renewal fees. Once you purchase a major point version, you’ll receive maintenance, security and minor point releases for the life of 4.x.

You have the option to keep your current active license until it expires (according to the 12 month term and conditions). For the remainder of your active license, you will continue to receive support and have access to forum software updates, including vBulletin 4.0 Forums. Once your license expires you will only be able to access the 4 Series software updates by switching to the new one-time owned license. For more information, visit the vBulletin FAQ.

Over the last 10 years, our products have offered an exceptional value and we look forward to bringing you the best and keeping you as a loyal customer. Our team is expanding in number and expertise in order to develop more innovative features and to deliver them faster. We are investing in exciting development areas such as new products and services for 'Big Boards' and mobile applications and look forward to helping you grow your community.

Sincerely, The vBulletin Team
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Due to an overwhelming response and interest in the pre-sale event for vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite, we've decided to extend an offer to those customers with inactive licenses.

For licenses that expired in the last 12 months, we are offering an extra $45 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $190, a total savings of $95.

For licenses that expired more than 12 month ago, we are offering an extra $25 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $210, a total savings of $75.

These limited time offers expire on October 30, 2009. Beginning on October 31, the price will be $285.

You will be able to take advantage of this offer in the next couple of days - we are currently working to make it an option in your shopping cart. We will notify you once this offer is live on the website.
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

Old 10-17-2009, 10:26 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Our license expired a few months ago. We have an "owned" license, which means we can use it, we just can't get a new upgrade. So it would cost us $190 to upgrade to vBulletin 4.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Details are here:
http://www.vbulletin.com/

Anyone know if Woody is jumping on this bandwagon?

Old 10-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

At first I would say we don't need the CMS but it could clean up our home page and have a cleaner updated look without a lot work. The forum looks cool, a lot sleeker and there are more user items.

I think it looks like it's worth it for that $
TLCA#4180
Old 10-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Jeff, do we have money in the budget for this?

Old 10-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

You guys have made and kept the RS site the prise possession of the club. I know you guys well enough that you won't invest in crap so with that I give you a freebie "Aye" for whatever you decide! (For the web site. )
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 10-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
Jeff, do we have money in the budget for this?
Absolutely...We are in real good shape this year so if this would help improve the forum I'd give it an "aye" vote
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater