Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 11-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
This is about what I work, between here and what I try to do on the side. I'm usually in for about 50~55 hours per week at the paycheck job (but we don't get OT which stinks). Figure typically I'll do about 2 hours in the evening when I have work on the moonlight thing. Primarily though we're a one paycheck house since Kirsten's job (she's a drafter for an architecture firm and a full time student until May 2010) hasn't had work for her in almost a year. We don't have kids. And no, there is no reason for it other than that is what it takes to get the job done. It is no way to live (well not really living since you don't have a life) and I encourage high school kids to very much consider other fields besides engineering.
dude, minus the 15 hours of research and time spending reading/posting here and you work a regular week
TLCA#4180
Old 11-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Hard Core 4+

Farnham-

Glad you and yours are safe and okay. Such a sad situation. My thoughts and prayers are with the shooters victims.

What a tragic event.

2001 Sequoia Limited with heated seats

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Old 11-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Rising Sun Member

To jump in with a bit o rant on drug policy.

One, I agree 100% with Dave.

Secondly, I would be much more inclined to listen to any pro-illegalizing argument if the entire drug policy wasn't born out of some hyper-puritanical reaction to the hippy/anti war movement in the 60's and 70's.

Third, how much money are we spending on incarcerating minor drug offenders these days? No need to raise taxes people, lets just stop putting addcits in jail.

Lastly, look at the statistics on pot vs alchohol. How many pot smokers are beating their wives or children into bloody pulps? How many pot smokers are driving their cars at 100+ and killing minivan's worth of kids? Probably some, but compared to alchy's, the numbers are miniscule.

That alone shows the sheer idiocy that makes up our current drug policy. It makes me so mad when some politician is out spewing anti-drug vomit and talks about "keeping our communities safe". Bull.

And for perspective, I have never tried any drugs except alchohol and tobacco. I did not drink at all until I was 21, and smoked my first cigar at 19. If all drugs were legalized, I doubt I would choose to partake in them. But the government has no business telling me what I can and cannot do as an adult.

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead