Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 02-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Default Wheel Bearing Packing Party Location?

I had a phone call during the meeting so I missed the discussion on this. Do we not have a location available for this?

If a more suitable location doesn't come available we can do it at my shop. I have 1 bay that is fully heated. We can put 1 vehicle in there along with a picnic table for rest breaks and lunch. Thats also where the beer fridge is.

I have 2 other unheated bays that can each accomodate 2 vehicles, so we would have the space for 4-5 vehicles to be inside. I don't have a hoist but I do have a floor jack, 2 sets of jack stands and a large enough compressor to run multiple air tools. If someone could bring a community parts washer or tub over for everyone to use we would have that covered. I do have a 90w barrel/pump we can use as long as everyone contributes lube to it. The only other issue would be disposal of the old oil which we can address with 5 gal buckets and a trip to Checker or Autozone. If we want to heat the other bays the club could consider covering the cost of renting a couple of big propane salamander heaters, that would make it toasty in there.

Dee even said she would cook up a big pot of chili for the group (which means we would have to be careful with open flames for heating).

Let me know what you think and when we would want to do it.
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
Old 02-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Rising Sun Member

I'm looking for a new location for this year. Slee has been a very gracious host in the past, but this year there are a few things on his schedule, including the Moab pre-run that have me looking. I have a lead from another vendor that I am looking into.

I appreciate the offer to use your place. If it is is with everyone - let's use this thread (or send me a pm) with any other leads on facilities.
SOLD - 1971 FJ-40
TLCA #18941
Old 02-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Randy View Post
I have 1 bay that is fully heated. We can put 1 vehicle in there along with a picnic table for rest breaks and lunch. Thats also where the beer fridge is.

I have 2 other unheated bays that can each accomodate 2 vehicles, ...a large enough compressor to run multiple air tools.... big propane salamander heaters, that would make it toasty in there.

Dee even said she would cook up a big pot of chili for the group (which means we would have to be careful with open flames for heating).
I am not seeing a lot of downside to this option...
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.