Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 01-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Hard Core 4+

once the unit is hooked up to the jack, you set line level volume on the ipod to max. Then control with the head unit's volume. Lots of decks now have aux input connectors sold to go to the cd changer control. Check into that if you just want to put it in the glove box.

j

john (johnny) henley
Old 01-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Hard Core 4+

I got a Dual brand cassette deck from O'Reilly Auto Parts for $25. 50 watts and 1/8" aux input on the face. Looks like crap but sounds awesome. No one would think to steal it and the tuner hears my Sirius perfectly. Ipod in the aux jack.
It even has pre-outs to feed my subs. Spent the real $$ on door speakers. Voilla!

Last edited by jacdaw; 01-02-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: wrong store name
Old 01-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Rising Sun Member

Yeah, but just don't want a head unit.

All I want is two small jacks and a volume control, so I can tuck everything away in a locked area. Amp will go in the back somewhere behind a panel. Computer is going where the head unit currently sits.

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Old 01-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Hard Core 4+

In my MGB I ran an RCA to 1/8" stereo cable between my ipod and my amp. The big bits sat on the rear shelf and the iPod was Velcro'd to the center console. I ran a switch to the "switched" lugs that normally get triggered by the head unit to power on the amp. Worked great. No fancy parts needed. The only scenario where adjusting volume would suck is with your Sirius.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
All I want is two small jacks and a volume control, so I can tuck everything away in a locked area.
I have not forgotten about this Isaac! Should have something rigged up in the next couple of weeks to mess with. Looks like it will end up being in a black plastic box about 5" x 3" x 2" (just what I could find laying about) with a couple of volume knobs and two stereo inputs and a single stereo output. If it works out you can buy it from me for whatever the components are worth plus a beer or 12.

“Anyone who believes in indefinite growth in anything physical, on a physically finite planet, is either mad or an economist.” -- Kenneth E. Boulding
Old 01-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Rising Sun Member

Dave, you rock man! I would like to sit down with you over the beers and see all the guts too, if that works. I'm sorry I've been delinquent in pursuing this myself, but I'm working on new steering stuff, and thats been consuming the free time I have, and since work has been exceptionally busy, I'm short on free time too!

Thanks again!

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Old 01-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
Dave, you rock man! I would like to sit down with you over the beers and see all the guts too, if that works. I'm sorry I've been delinquent in pursuing this myself, but I'm working on new steering stuff, and thats been consuming the free time I have, and since work has been exceptionally busy, I'm short on free time too!

Thanks again!
Nah, no biggie. It's a hobby and my job anyway. I also just had a dope slap moment when I realized that pots I have are not dual ganged (I've built a mono mixer, not stereo).

“Anyone who believes in indefinite growth in anything physical, on a physically finite planet, is either mad or an economist.” -- Kenneth E. Boulding