Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > For Sale + Help > For Sale / Wanted

Notices

Old 04-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Trail Ready

Default Anyone looking for extra$$$ to put a clutch in!

I'm looking for someone that is a mechanic or has experience putting clutches in Toyota Pickups that wants to make some extra cash, without me paying these high prices that shops want. I have a 88 Pickup, W56 22re
Let me know,
CJ
Old 04-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Hard Core 4+

My son possesses such skills. In fact, he recently did his own on an identical truck. He also needs the cash; I will ping him.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:43 AM
Trail Ready

Thanks and let me know........
Old 04-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Hard Core 4+

He's gonna think about it today and get back to me. He is a little reluctant to do it without all the shop niceties... but fer pities sake, I swapped a tranny with hand tools, sheesh, these kids are s.

Hope he doesn't see this....

Ya know, another alternative is I could loan you the jack and tranny adapter and provide all the useless long-distance advice you could ever want...

What prices are you being quoted? It is time consuming but not very hard. There's a 'gotcha' with the upper bellhousing bolts, but some of that useless advice (and a few loaned extensions) should solve that.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Trail Ready

That sounds great.. Yep, I heard the tranny jack is a must! Quotes from $600-800 range is what I'm finding. I found a Toy Mech. that would do it for $400 but he's booked into May. With some help I was thinking I could do it..........
Old 04-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Rock Stacker

Default Gentlemen,..to your wrenches!!!

I will spectate for beer.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toybreaker
I will spectate for beer.
How about for "beers" as in many? That's what the Haynes Automotive Repair Manual is for...........
Old 04-17-2006, 08:37 AM
Hard Core 4+

It really is pretty simple. The two top bolts on the housing are hard to get to, I used like three extensions and a breaker bar to bust 'em loose. All that twist got my attention, but it worked fine. 17mm heads IIRC. I also used a strong wobbly end as the angle is a bit odd.

Then pull the flywheel and get it resurfaced - be sure the d00d knows about the 'step' in the flywheel and machines it too, or your new clutch won't work and it will lead to grouchy mood swings.

Some elect to replace the rear mainseal at that time, others say if it ain't broke don't fix it because the odds of getting a new leak are high. YMMV. You will need a clutch pilot tool of course to reassemble the clutch, IIRC most reman Toy clutches (the best value) come with them? Cheap to buy if not.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
Old 04-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Hard Core 4+

If that guy's price is $400 inclusive of parts, I would have HIM do it! It's a deal. Justin elected to not do it without the lift, spoiled kids, whattya gonna do with 'em? Can't sell 'em, can't BBQ 'em, guess I gotta accept him.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
Old 04-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

I spoke with CJ on the phone, and he's not sure he's got a clutch problem or not. His was just replaced a year ago, and his symptom just started when he replaced his slave (and master too I think). He's going to rally the dogsh!t out of it and see if it seems to be the clutch itself or just the adjustment.
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/