Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 01-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Rising Sun Member

Thanks Scott for organizing, and thanks to Rudy for taking care of the rear. It was a great day!
Old 01-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Rising Sun Member

Michele and I had a great time. Big thanks to Scott and anyone else who had a hand in putting this run together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
Nice pics. Remember the 5th one when it comes time to submitt for the 2011 Calendar
My vote goes to ZIronPig.....the biggest cheers of the day were from the ole 55 bombing the hill and almost making it

97 LX450
Old 01-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to RedCreeper

What a fun day. Alexis bonked her head on one of my launches but all in all a good day. till i lost a tire. have not had a chance to clean it up and see what happened but the consensus is a popped bead. thanks everyone for helping me get the spare on in a some what tough spot. the lift made a difference i am happy to report. thanks SRTBUS. i think the FJCs did very well today would you say Chris? i have a few pics also and will try to get them up soon.
TLCA #19056
08 TT FJC
82 Scrambler (Scraps)
81 Scrambler (Sassy)
07.5 Dodge Ram 2500
69 Maro... next project when the Jeeps get done.....
Old 01-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Hard Core 4+

Hey thanks Scott and the crew. I love it when we are actually moving on a snow run. Making it all the way over to Alice is indeed a rarity. Everyone had good tow points and were prepared for the conditions. Thanks to Bob in Denver and Hants for getting things organized on the last hill climb to get everyone up the hill. Oh yeah, and thanks to 60wag for helping out with the 55 in the parking lot and the blue FJ40 on the trail.

My favorite part? Watching Zak's FJ55 climb up the last snow hill just as far as everyone else got. I think the biggest smiles were in the FJ55! Great drivin' guys!.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Rising Sun Member

Thanks Scott, great job! Dee and I and The Gecko had a great time. Heres a few of Dee's pics.
Attached Images

Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
Old 01-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Hard Core 4+

Geat time had by all, waching some of the other trucks bashing through the drifts was a blast. The H3 and 55 did a great job attaking the hill and everyone was excited for for them.

The little side trail Bill took the lead group on turned out to be the hardest challange we faced nearly all day. The hill climb was fun too, got to go up and down it about 5 times to flatten the snow for the lower trucks, that was too much fun.

Sharon did not have to pull to much winch line this year so she got to enjoy it with the doggies. The dogs were so tired last night that when we came home they ate their dinner and headed upstairs to their beds right away. We followed shortly there after

Thanks again Scott GREAT JOB and Bo Joe's (sp) worked out great!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 01-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Hard Core 4+

Thanks for the great day! I did the usual 80's dance of spinning all four in idle while resting on the frame in a big drift or two, and then running down the hill with Randy who wanted to get back to Central City to load up the Gecko and getting stoopid stuck in a spot that I got stoopid stuck last year (Two things: 1) consistency is not always a virtue and 2) I really do need a winch at this point ).

I'll have some video to post up when I get a few mins to mess with it. Sorry we missed the pizza, my older boys had a guest whose mother was really nervous about him attending and we needed to get him back by the time we got off the trail. The sledding was the definitely a highlight of the day, not often you get a quasi snow disc half tube 20 feet off the trail

Awesome run

Last edited by Nay; 01-18-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Rising Sun Member

1) Randy and Dee
2) Bill and Tom
3) When did Stephen Rudy convert his truck to right hand drive?
4) More proof
5) Gave the snatch strap a serious workout with the Treeroot extraction.
Attached Images

97 LX450
Old 01-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Rising Sun Member

Wild Rice
Attached Images

97 LX450
Old 01-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Really awesome run, thanks again Scott for the coordination, especially the pizza was so nice to walk in and have it already there, rather than wait 45 minutes for them to cook one. Enjoyed all the antics on the trail like everyone else, didn't take many pictures though. I got to use my winch though right off the bat, trying to catch up to the group still at 35 psi.. was fun to take the truck out for a change, I think it really enjoyed it.

video of Chris Davis - final hill climb.
Attached Images

www.gamiviti.com