Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 02-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Lifted

Ok your engine mounts are too old. You need to go find some cast steel ones out of the newer 90-95 vintage 3.0l.

That does look like the correct oil dipstick tube boss.
94 pickup in a pile of parts
Old 02-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

I think I'll just need the passenger side. The driver's mounts up just fine, unless the positioning is just wrong.

"Squishy"-1988 Red Hilux Standard frame, X-tra cab, locked F&R, 5.29's, 35" tires and a SAS. In Moab STOLEN

"Apollo"-1988 Hilux, 1999 3.4L, Supercharged, 2.1" URD pulley, URD 7th injector, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, TO DO: lift, locker.

"RedChili"-1987 Super Beast

"Did you know the IFS was designed by Hitler himself to make the life of 4WD owners tough? Yeah, it's true, he saw a vision of the Devil and he told him to do it." -DaveInDenver
Old 02-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy! View Post
Ran into issue #1. this is the passenger side 3.0 motor mount bolted to the 3.4 block. Solutions?
For some reason my reply didn't post earlier...

Make your own mounts! Will end up a lot cleaner, cannot fail and take up less room. Easy fab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy! View Post
this the cast piece behind the driver's side motor mount I drill into for the 3.0 dipstick?
Looks like it. Find someone who has one of Mikes drill guide or use the new dipstick tube and insert to determine position and angle.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 02-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Make your own mounts! Will end up a lot cleaner, cannot fail and take up less room. Easy fab!
Don't have the welding resources at my shop. Aaaaand it'll probably cost about the same since you can just get 3.0 motor mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Looks like it. Find someone who has one of Mikes drill guide or use the new dipstick tube and insert to determine position and angle.
Yea mrdoug on CoTTORA is letting me borrow his. Unless someone closer than Loveland has one...

"Squishy"-1988 Red Hilux Standard frame, X-tra cab, locked F&R, 5.29's, 35" tires and a SAS. In Moab STOLEN

"Apollo"-1988 Hilux, 1999 3.4L, Supercharged, 2.1" URD pulley, URD 7th injector, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, TO DO: lift, locker.

"Did you know the IFS was designed by Hitler himself to make the life of 4WD owners tough? Yeah, it's true, he saw a vision of the Devil and he told him to do it." -DaveInDenver
Old 02-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Hard Core 4+

You could verify against your old man's motorvator.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:00 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Wiring Review

Hey guys, take a look at this matrix I made for wiring my 4Runner.

I am attaching a spreadsheet I made to match up the wiring from the 91 4Runner (5 speed M/T 3VZE) with the 96 4Runner (5 speed 5VZ-FE). Guys take a look and flag anything you see that does not look right. I think it is self-explanitory but question anything you see.
Thanks, Terry
Attached Files
File Type: xls Wiring2.xls (30.0 KB, 41 views)

"13" Taco 4X4 Extra Cab, Firestone Air Ride, Airstream tow vehicle - "Daily Driver"
Old 02-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Lifted

Edit: to ttubb

Looks like your missing the reverse switch. Looks ok without getting a EWD and tracing everything out.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:48 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatkid View Post
Edit: to ttubb

Looks like your missing the reverse switch. Looks ok without getting a EWD and tracing everything out.
Thanks, I will attempt to find that wiring. Terry

"13" Taco 4X4 Extra Cab, Firestone Air Ride, Airstream tow vehicle - "Daily Driver"
Old 03-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

New question. I just drilled the hole for my new dipstick and the 3/8" is too small for the ones I have(3.0 truck and 3.4 Runner) The ORS instructions don't say anything about drilling any bigger after using the guide. Which one am I supposed to use?

Old 03-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Lifted

Cutting your flywheel now.

I don't know about drilling the guide, I never did that one.