Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 02-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Rising Sun Member

Exclamation Performance Off Road Center - WARNING

Folks, Just placed a substantial ARB order with these folks on 2/4. Now they do not answer their phones or respond to emails. Suspect something is going on at the firm. Think twice before ordering from them until I get this resolved. Phone 866-613-8819.

ARB had no info on their status.

I will post up as soon as I get the parts or hear back from them. Don't want to hurt their reputation until I have the facts. Terry

"13" Taco 4X4 Extra Cab, Firestone Air Ride, Airstream tow vehicle - "Daily Driver"
Old 02-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Rising Sun Member

You do know that you have a big ARB dealer right here in the club Our prices might not always be as attractive as the on-line box movers, but there is normally a reason for that.

FWIW, ARB obviously has a ton of dealers. Some of them operate on very small margins. Offer very little support, pre or post install. They only move boxes. They are normally some on-line presence that was started as a front for some other company or dealer. Nothing wrong with it, just don't expect anything else than cheap prices.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeoffroad View Post
You do know that you have a big ARB dealer right here in the club
I may have just learned a lesson......Sometimes there are reasons why things are so cheap. T

"13" Taco 4X4 Extra Cab, Firestone Air Ride, Airstream tow vehicle - "Daily Driver"
Old 02-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Just cancel your credit card transaction, end of story
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
Old 02-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Randy View Post
Just cancel your credit card transaction, end of story
Good point.. I've had to do this with a few online motorcycle part places that were yanking my chain.

The CC company is usually working very much in your favor in this type of situation.
82 FJ40
Old 02-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Rising Sun Member

Exclamation Update -

Spoke with Alex at Performance this morning. It appears they have been quite busy. He indicated the order is being shipped so I guess things will be OK. He appologized for the lack of response on the emails and phone.
I guess it is a two man operation.
I will post up when the stuff arrives. T

Old 02-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Wincher

This is why I try to support the vendors on the BB's I'm on. Price may be a touch higher (this is NOT always the case) but said vendors are USUALLY tried and true.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via Yahoo to Hants

We might want to keep these discussions in the Member's Only section. Would hate for RS to be accused of smearing anyone.

"that guy down in Colorado Springs" - Jeff

"Damn you, Hants White!" - CruiserDan

"Wanna race?" - Bill Morgan

"Live long, love lots, cruise often." - Robert Fortune
Old 02-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeoffroad View Post
They are normally some on-line presence that was started as a front for some other company or dealer. Nothing wrong with it, just don't expect anything else than cheap prices.
In some cases they don't even move the boxes, just the web presence and ARB drop ships the products. There is a place for that sort of service when you know exactly what you want and don't expect support. Everyone to some level shops on price vs. service, so saving $100 on a bumper and needed to hit Ace for a couple of missing bolts is different than saving $100 on a locker and needing a new o-ring half through setting up a diff. I would totally expect that you would do what you could to help a guy out with an o-ring at noon on a Saturday if they bought an Air Locker from you and that's why you support the local guys.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 02-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
In some cases they don't even move the boxes, just the web presence and ARB drop ships the products. There is a place for that sort of service when you know exactly what you want and don't expect support. Everyone to some level shops on price vs. service, so saving $100 on a bumper and needed to hit Ace for a couple of missing bolts is different than saving $100 on a locker and needing a new o-ring half through setting up a diff. I would totally expect that you would do what you could to help a guy out with an o-ring at noon on a Saturday if they bought an Air Locker from you and that's why you support the local guys.
Rarely, will saving money vrs supporting a brick and mortar shop be a good basis for a purchase. Loose the brick and mortar shop and then pay twice as much as there will be no checks and balance in the equation!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior