Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 02-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Default cassette adapter for sale

I can't believe I waited so long to upgrade from a stock stereo. I guess my OEM purist days are over, I've jumped ship.. I picked up a Kenwood KDC-BT742U off a kid on CL for $100. Had to then buy a wiring harness and install kit, and also bought a faceplate case.. so I'm into this for about $150 now. Pretty happy with it.

I've had it installed for about 2 hours now, and so far have manged to hook up the iPod, fiddle with 1000 speaker settings, and BT connect my phone. When you listen to the iPod it tells you what you're listening to (big upgrade from the cassette thing, you can see who I'm running below). also somehow it sucked up my address book from my phone, so I can scroll through those to make calls, or just dial using the buttons on the remote If you call me, I'll see your name on the screen, and if you text me I can read it on the radio. I feel like I've jumped forward about 3 technology generations..

What appealed to me about this radio was the faceplate inputs for a USB and a 1/8" stereo. These are $200+shipping new at Crutchfield http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113BT74...&ssi=0&tp=5684, I was going to cheap out and but a new non-bluetooth one but I'm happy I went with this used one instead.

I still can't figure out how to set a radio preset... I'll get there. Oh, and the kid left this techno dance music CD in the player, I didn't like it at first but it actually thumps pretty good, about the beat of Perry's head here...

couple pics:
Attached Images

www.gamiviti.com

Old 02-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Rising Sun Commander

as for the cassette adapter, make me an offer
Attached Images

www.gamiviti.com

Old 02-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

I'll start: one bucket of used Toyota red coolant with only minimal dirt at the bottom.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:54 AM
Hard Core 4+

If it works in our factory Bosch radio I'll take it for real. We still rock tapes in the Jetta.

"Why does the U.S. care which flag will be hoisted on a small piece of land thousands of miles away?" -- Ron Paul