Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 03-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Idle Question - 3.4 Swap

Just fired up the 3.4 in the 4Runner today. Everything appears to be great, all systems apprear to function properly, Tach, Oil Pres, Alternator, etc.
The engine is running with just the crossover pipe as exhaust system is next. The O2 sensors (F & R) are plugged into the harness but not in the pipe yet. My question - The engine runs great but idle is about 2000 RPM and I can find no vacuum leaks. Would this be a normal situation for the O2 sensors not being in place? Also checked linkage and butterfly appears closed. Thanks, Terry

"13" Taco 4X4 Extra Cab, Firestone Air Ride, Airstream tow vehicle - "Daily Driver"
Old 03-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Hard Core 4+

And it's cold. I would not worry until it is all together, everything is wired, you have no CEL, and it still does it. Frankly I wouldn't worry a lot then either- until you put some miles on it.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
And it's cold. I would not worry until it is all together, everything is wired, you have no CEL, and it still does it. Frankly I wouldn't worry a lot then either- until you put some miles on it.
Thanks, Bill. I am really pleased that everything works! I did the tach mod, which also works. No leaks and smooth as glass. Planning on having it at CM the end of April. Are you going? T
Attached Images

"13" Taco 4X4 Extra Cab, Firestone Air Ride, Airstream tow vehicle - "Daily Driver"

Last edited by ttubb; 03-26-2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Add a picture
Old 03-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Hard Core 4+

with no o2 reading's to the computer, yea its going to be alittle off.. and problly idle high in a type of "safe mode" so i wouldnt worry about it till you get every thing all togther..