Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 03-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Hard Core 4+

I would need a 100' extension cord to go from my dryer outlet to the detached garage so I'm not going to go that direction. I got the 211 because it will run on either power source. My immediate needs do not require more power so I'll get to the 230 circut when time allows and do it right.

I need to build a work bench in the garage for a place to work. Mount my bench grinder and vise etc... Next week I'm off from work and look forward to the time to play with some steel.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 03-28-2010, 10:26 AM

Years ago I bought a very old Hobart TIG. It's from the late 50's - a little older than me but it still works like new (wish I could say as much) . 300 amps and water cooled it welds aluminum castings all day long. But it's as big as a fridge.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Rising Sun Member

Very cool Corbet. I was just browsing the Miller website this week daydreaming about that set up.

'85 FJ60
Old 03-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Trail Ready

Nice weld corb

no whip out what you need to so we can get working on my sliders and Jon's ladder....Chop Chop!

jk man
Old 03-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdiamond72 View Post
Wiring up a 50 amp 220 circuit is very easy, don't cheap out, do it right. 10ga orange romex and a dual pull breaker. You'll be happy you did it right and future code inspectors will appreciate it as well.
Correct. Do it right the first time. And run a dedacated line.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMZTOY View Post
most dryer's are 20amp and most welders are 30 amp so that wont work.. diffrent plugs..
I tied into the box, not a plug in. I checked the power and we have 40 amps for some reason. The way our house is wired is kind of strange anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 03-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbet View Post
I need to build a work bench in the garage for a place to work. Mount my bench grinder and vise etc... Next week I'm off from work and look forward to the time to play with some steel.
I may be able to help you with a work bench. What size are you looking for? They get rid of some nice benches and I have two myself. Some are wood tops others are wood covered with heavy laminate.

Bummer you have such a long distance from power but then again you can work at night without anybody complaining like my . Bedroom is above the garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 03-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
I tied into the box, not a plug in. I checked the power and we have 40 amps for some reason. The way our house is wired is kind of strange anyway.
sweet..
Old 03-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
I may be able to help you with a work bench. What size are you looking for? They get rid of some nice benches and I have two myself. Some are wood tops others are wood covered with heavy laminate.
I've got room for probably 20' worth of bench. I'm iterested in additional details. At our condo in Frisco I used some countertop material. It worked well and reasonalbly cheap.
2004 Starcraft 10RT