Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 07:27 AM
Rock Stacker

Default Leving from Denver on Wed A.M.?

I'll be staying at the Days Inn in Evergreen exit 262. 16 hours is all I can stand in 1 day. Planning to leave about 5am, that should put me in Denver around 8. Who's gonna be heading out to BFE on Wed morning? Wanting to go early cause we'll be buying groceries and beer in Moab, plus anything I have forgotten. Hoping to throw the tent and stuff and get a run in Wed evening if anyone is willing to lead a foreigner.
Bryan F, NBJF, TLCA #19606, '08 FJC
Old 04-16-2010, 07:33 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Unless you want 3.2 beer at the grocery store or a very limited selection of beer at the state liquor store in Moab, stock up on your beer in Denver.

Were going out Saturday so we'll be looking for ya. I'm a Missouri boy myself, born in Sedalia and grew up around KC and Lake of the Ozarks.
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
Old 04-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanF View Post
I'll be staying at the Days Inn in Evergreen exit 262. 16 hours is all I can stand in 1 day. Planning to leave about 5am, that should put me in Denver around 8. Who's gonna be heading out to BFE on Wed morning? Wanting to go early cause we'll be buying groceries and beer in Moab, plus anything I have forgotten. Hoping to throw the tent and stuff and get a run in Wed evening if anyone is willing to lead a foreigner.

You're not going to be in Evergreen, you'll still be down in town, Lakewood actually... in fact you'll be able to look across Colfax from your hotel and see a huge dealer- Stevenson Toyota West.. that's where we have our meetings. Evergreen exit is 252, 10 miles west and 2000' up.

to Randy's point, if you want to stock up on one exit before your hotel is Youngfield (263?), and Applejack Liquor is there which is a pretty big store. There's also a grocery store and a Walmart in that same strip.. and a Noodles, and a bank, and 20 other stores for that matter.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 04-17-2010, 10:30 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Randy View Post
I'm a Missouri boy myself, born in Sedalia and grew up around KC and Lake of the Ozarks.
No poop. St. Louis myself until 18, then Cape Girardeau back to St. Louis for stint before Denver.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 04-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
You're not going to be in Evergreen, you'll still be down in town, Lakewood actually... in fact you'll be able to look across Colfax from your hotel and see a huge dealer- Stevenson Toyota West.. that's where we have our meetings. Evergreen exit is 252, 10 miles west and 2000' up...
You can't count on yahoo maps for anything. That extra 10 miles has really screwed up my well hatched plan. I just wanted to hit 70 out of Denver during daylight. I drove it to Grand Junction in winter of 2000-2001. It was awesome can't wait to see it again. Is there a road into Moab that will follow the Colorado?
Old 04-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
Is there a road into Moab that will follow the Colorado?
Yes, and it is awesome (as long as you drive it in daylight). Take the second Cisco exit and follow the signs to Moab.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:29 PM
Rising Sun Commander

I'm a fan of the first Cisco exit myself, for maximum "we're not in Denver anymore" effect. They both work.

Hey Bryan when you hit Denver get your radio on the Colorado Connection.. 145.310 you'll hit from probably 100 miles out on tuesday, all the way to Eisenhower tunnel on Wednesday. here's the full list of repeaters http://www.colcon.org/repeaters.html

It's possible to still reach the Grand Junction one from Moab, depending on equipment and location.. but there will be several headed out to Moab on Wednesday and I'm sure the connection will be fairly active with folks all headed out to Cruise Moab.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 04-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
....Hey Bryan when you hit Denver get your radio on the Colorado Connection.. 145.310 you'll hit from probably 100 miles out on tuesday, all the way to Eisenhower tunnel on Wednesday. here's the full list of repeaters http://www.colcon.org/repeaters.html.....
Thanks for the tip I didn't know the repeaters were linked. I loaded the Denver, Glenwood, and Grand junction repeaters that are linked in my radio. Do I need to mess with any of the others? I did get the freqs for the 2 in Moab, plus the RS and CM specific ones.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Quote:
Thanks for the tip I didn't know the repeaters were linked. I loaded the Denver, Glenwood, and Grand junction repeaters that are linked in my radio. Do I need to mess with any of the others? I did get the freqs for the 2 in Moab, plus the RS and CM specific ones.
Only other one I'd add is maybe Vail, and you'd be linked essentially the whole way out. I'll already be out there but there's a chance we'll be able to monitor the connection from BFE.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 04-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Hard Core 4+

Bryan: I would def load in the Colorado connection Vail repeater. That one is very high up. You can get a few miles into Glenwood Canyon and STILL hit the Vail repeater!