Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 06-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Rock Stacker

Default Jungle Adventures Costa Rica

Hi,

Just wondering if you could post a link on your site for us and/or pass this along to your family and friends. Our url is www.jungleadventurescostarica.com

We are located in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. We are the founders and former owners of Rocky Mountain Cruisers in Colorado USA, a well known restorer of Toyota Land Cruisers. We also have extensive knowledge in providing a high end quality tour experience.

We provide off-road tours in vintage Toyota Land Cruisers within a private sanctuary in the jungle. Our first type of vehicle is the 40 series Toyota Land Cruiser that will be driven by our clients. The second type of vehicle is the 45 series Toyota Land Cruiser and will be driven by our guides. Both types of vehicles will be taken over the same roads and terrain in our tours. Our clients will have the option of selecting the vehicles of their choice when booking a tour with us.

We provide both full and half day tours, as well as the off-road tour combined with a bbq.

Hope to see you in Costa Rica.

Ron and Deb Korzen
Jungle Adventures Costa Rica
506.8729.1804 (cell)
506.2653.4327 (office)
720.266.4688 (from US)
Email: deb@jungleadventurescostarica.com
Old 06-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Rising Sun Member

Congrats on the move and the new business. Sounds like fun.

'85 FJ60
Old 06-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Rising Sun Member

That is WAY Ron

We miss having you up here (who's going to work on my 40 now? ) but it sounds, and looks, like you are having a great time down there!

TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 06-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Rising Sun Member

Ron, sounds like retirement is working out for you
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 06-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Rising Sun Member

Hmmmmm. Becky and I are going to Costa Rica in September. This might be a GREAT way to spend a day.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

That's a neat new gig, Ron. How's your back? Who bought your old biz?
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Rock Stacker

Thanks everyone. My back is doing ok at this point. Steven Cox and David Anderson. Steven has been a Toyota tech all his life and Toyota service manager. Real nice guy and easy to work with. Go down a visit him if you get a chance.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Rock Stacker

Hope you make it to Tamarindo. You need any help with a place to stay or other tours you are interested in just drop an email. We are meeting a lot of people down here.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Rising Sun Member

I've been to Tamarindo several times and highly recommend it!!! I only wish you were already down there when I went. It was much easier when they had the direct flight from Denver to Liberia.

I was supposed to be married in S. Costa Rica and honeymoon at an ecolodge waaaaay south, but my wife didn't show up! It's a story I'll tell any of you over some beers...and truly a funny story! At least now it's funny!
"Just because California does it, doesn't make it a good idea, or the right way to do it! If you like California so much, please move there. Don't make the rest of us live in the same HORROR!!!"
Old 07-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Rising Sun Member

Hmmm... Maybe we should start discussing the next Rising Sun road trip? For Rubicon, I left my truck home and flew out to meet the group. This time, we all leave our trucks home and fly down to Costa Rica to visit Ron. If we all bring big, mostly empty suitcases, we could collectively bring home an HJ45 as a trophy of sorts

Seriously, I had a blast on a trip to Costa Rica several years ago and would like the next trip to involve some off road miles in a Land Cruiser. I did find that it is relatively easy to rent a 70 series but opted for a 4Runner due to family space needs. Most of the miles were driven on pavement but I did get the chance to explore some backroads near a ranch that we stayed at. There was a river crossing that I had to stop and consider for a few minutes before launching into it with the rental vehicle. I later chatted with the ranch owner and another guest who was being cautioned against taking his RAV4 into the river. The ranch owner drove a very nice late model Patrol.
"If you know what you're doing, then you aren't learning anything." - A. Lincoln