Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 07-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Rising Sun Member

Yes, yes, and yes. Don't go nuts with the antisieze but a little won't hurt. I'm pretty sure there is room to install the pulley with the pump in place. Once the belt is wrapped around the pulley and tensioned, it should be easy to torque the nut to fully seat the pulley.
"If you know what you're doing, then you aren't learning anything." - A. Lincoln
Old 07-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Fluid

Next question - What fluid are you going to use in the P/S system?

Suggestion: When I did the engine swap on my 4Runner, the P/S pump whined terribly when I turned the steering wheel using Mobil 1 ATF (Dextron) fluid. After much discussion with Red Chilli, I replaced the pump, but with a stock reman versus a "high performance" pump from Performance Steering Components. The whine was still very evident.

Note - They will only warranty their pumps if you use Royal Purple Max EZ High Performance Power Steering Fluid.

Link - http://www.pscmotorsports.com/Royal-...ing-Fluid.html

When I changed to this fluid, within an hour of driving, the sounds went away and have not returned. Keep in mind, I had driven it for several hours with the whine prior to changing the fluid. Made me a believer. This fluid is available in many local auto parts stores. .....Just a suggestion. Terry

"13" Taco 4X4 Extra Cab, Firestone Air Ride, Airstream tow vehicle - "Daily Driver"