Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 09-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default New Ride

Well, here is my new ride! A 2011 Tacoma Access Cab. Pretty cool, it had only 6000 miles on it. I'm assuming I will lift it and find some new wheels and tires. Most likely replace the tube steps. Any suggestions on mods would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Old 09-15-2014, 05:58 PM
Hard Core 4+

Nice. That's what we're looking for with limited success, at least ones with a stick shift. Where did you find it?

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 09-15-2014, 06:05 PM
Hard Core 4+

Nice find. Lots of stuff out there. A familiar face has some stuff like sliders and front ARB bumper. Willing to be this 5th gen shocks might cross over. Start at Slee

Otherwise check out http://www.ttora.com/forum/ or many of the other Tacoma forums out there for countless ways to spend your pennies by the ton.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 09-15-2014, 07:19 PM
Rising Sun Member

Nice truck. The hitch will serve as a slider for the large overhanging rear, but that hitch plug won't last long hanging down like that. It would be a good idea to move it up into the bumper.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:36 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
Nice. That's what we're looking for with limited success, at least ones with a stick shift. Where did you find it?
It was at an independent dealer in Centennial, next to AutoTek. It was on Craigslist.

Buddy of mine has one. It will be perfect for running down to the Blue Hole with a bunch of scuba gear.

I was trying to buy this one http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4564216357.html . The seller lived in Yampa and he was using a buddy in Tiny Town to sell it. All of a sudden, a week ago, I quit hearing from the buddy. I finally gave up. That's when I found this one.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:44 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbet View Post
Nice find. Lots of stuff out there. A familiar face has some stuff like sliders and front ARB bumper. Willing to be this 5th gen shocks might cross over. Start at Slee

Otherwise check out http://www.ttora.com/forum/ or many of the other Tacoma forums out there for countless ways to spend your pennies by the ton.
I want bigger wheels. Seems like the17" Toyota wheels are easy to find. I'm just wondering if I should go bigger? 18"?

Old 09-15-2014, 07:57 PM
Hard Core 4+

I contacted that guy but never heard back. That's what we're finding, just nothing local and since I can't make it down to Denver until weekends most of the time they gone. We'd just like to at least drive one with a 6 speed just to see! We're almost to the point of just buying one brand new even. Our limit is 30,000 miles, which pretty much eliminates the majority of them.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 09-15-2014, 08:04 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Bait View Post
I want bigger wheels. Seems like the17" Toyota wheels are easy to find. I'm just wondering if I should go bigger? 18"?
Why, your not going to fit anything bigger than a 33" under there without major mods. So stick with a 16/17 to keep some sidewall for the trail. Unless trails are not part of the plan? OEM take offs should be a dime a dozen on the front range. 18" 4Runner or GX wheels should be around if you want to go bigger. Styling could be questionable but to each their own there.

Dave, if you want to see how a 6-speed drives just goto the dealer and try a new one. We always had manuals in stock down here when I worked at the Toyota dealer.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 09-15-2014, 09:16 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbet View Post
Dave, if you want to see how a 6-speed drives just goto the dealer and try a new one. We always had manuals in stock down here when I worked at the Toyota dealer.
That's what we thought, but no-go Captain. Must be a 2014-2015 switch over thing, but no one's had one for a few weeks in Ft. Collins, Greeley or Frederick. Boulder Toyota had one I guess. Now 4-door, autos, everyone has half a dozen of those both new and used.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:30 PM
Rising Sun Member

Congrats Chris. Nice ride
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper