Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Banned

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnhamstj View Post
Are you selling something? This is chit Chat, Not Vendor, Not Tech. This conversation belongs elsewhere. I don't enjoy the name calling and bashing. Not what this site is about. Not appropriate IMO.

Frank, I will extend an invitation to you to attend a club event or a meeting. Be a supporting vendor if you like and donate some of your product for one of our raffles. You will find that most of us are nice folks and don't care to argue about what lube you put where.
Well I am up here in North Idaho, so a club event or meeting is a bit out of reach,
For that matter even the Idaho club is 10hrs south of me, but I would be more than happy to send you a gallon of this here stuff, take it to your meeting, have a raffle to see who gets the shortest straw and put in a axle,
So far folks are to spooked to put this form of grease in a axle, they think it will leak out,
maybee you can poke around at it at one of your meetings, see what it looks like at least,
I to dont like the bashing, name calling and all of that, when I first started on these forums that is all that I ran into, so cant beat em join em.

Speaking of the Idaho club, I sent a email to the TLCA chapter, Brain , with a quick little summary of the situation,
The answer I got back,
"I always wondered why the grease thinned out"

While you guys are into rough service the average Joe using this vehicle for basic transportation and occasional off road use, have a lot to gain from this info,
especially if the rig hasnt been messed with, has the potential off lasting a long time, but as soon as its in for a brake Job at preety much any shop, wheel bearings will be repacked then its a down hill from there,
no need for it, just know to leave it alone,
Old 07-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default ummmm I just can't not watch ......

Old 07-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Hard Core 4+

I think Francis may be on to something. In fact I am thinking that going forward there is NO WAY I am going to drive in the Chili without a carefully designed tinfoil Beanie.

I mean just look at the evidence. Toyota even snuck in a knuckle seal that was CAREFULLY DESIGNED to leak out all of the correct lube in 50 miles or less. Talk about a conspiracy!

I even found mushrooms growing in an axle housing out back.

I mean, how much more evidence do you want? I'm wit Francis.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Banned

Default Train wreck

Well I am waiting for a reply from Mark the Tech editor for the TLCA hopefully soon somebody in a respected position in the TLCA world will way in here,

Since You dont know me or my experiance it is useless to post my credentials,
other than I am a Grease Monkey Educated at the University of Hard Knocks

specializing in Automatic Transmissions, which many mechanics prefer to shy away from,,

ASE certified but that dont mean crap to me it the years of Hard knocks that teach you,

So you have been listening to guys who sell you parts, that are highly opinionated on this subject, even thu they dont sell grease, telling you what works best in these knuckles.
When a guy who works on powertrain components comes on and tells you what is going on you treat him like crap, so thats why I have a chip on my shoulder, that and I have been dealing with Jokers and Clowns that work for Toyota, that would rather you not know the information I am presenting,
Met one such Clown the first time I went to IH8mush, Identified himself as working for the "Toyota information services"

Which is the "Toyota propaganda services" so what else are they BS you about,???
Old 07-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Hard Core 4+

You actually offended Mark last year on Ih8mud, he called you a troll(maybe that will jog your memory).
So I would not expect too much from him.
O, Mark has not worked at the Tech editor for a few years now.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranny Frank View Post
Well I am waiting for a reply from Mark the Tech editor for the TLCA hopefully soon somebody in a respected position in the TLCA world will way in here,

Since You dont know me or my experiance it is useless to post my credentials,
other than I am a Grease Monkey Educated at the University of Hard Knocks

specializing in Automatic Transmissions, which many mechanics prefer to shy away from,,

ASE certified but that dont mean crap to me it the years of Hard knocks that teach you,

So you have been listening to guys who sell you parts, that are highly opinionated on this subject, even thu they dont sell grease, telling you what works best in these knuckles.
When a guy who works on powertrain components comes on and tells you what is going on you treat him like crap, so thats why I have a chip on my shoulder, that and I have been dealing with Jokers and Clowns that work for Toyota, that would rather you not know the information I am presenting,
Met one such Clown the first time I went to IH8mush, Identified himself as working for the "Toyota information services"

Which is the "Toyota propaganda services" so what else are they BS you about,???

The fact is no one likes you or what your peddling. I don't know what the School of Hard Knock in podunk Idaho teaches you but most of the intelligent world knows that annoying the hell out of folks will only piss them off and not sell products.. The rest of the functioning brained humans out there also get the hint to go away after the door gets slammed on them over and over. It's quite clear you are a miserable person with very low self esteem and obviously your business if failing too as very few successful mechanics I know have time to troll the internet annoying people by insulting them while under the guise of marketing a "superior" product. Go away Transsexual Frank and I hope the door leaves a mark on your ass on the way out!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 07-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Rising Sun Member

Have you sent this super grease out to a third party(aka non-biased) testing facility to have it compared with other popular brands of grease?
That way we could look at some numbers from the following tests?
Water washout
Four Ball Wear : aka scar size
Four Ball EP: Weld point
Four Ball EP: Load wear Index
Viscosity @40C
Viscosity @100C
Flashpoint

If it as great as you claim then the numbers will show it.
This isn't black magic and mirrors this is physics.
TLCA#21035
My Cruiser videos on Youtube
Old 07-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Banned

Default Texaco oil company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowrun View Post
Have you sent this super grease out to a third party(aka non-biased) testing facility to have it compared with other popular brands of grease?
That way we could look at some numbers from the following tests?
Water washout
Four Ball Wear : aka scar size
Four Ball EP: Weld point
Four Ball EP: Load wear Index
Viscosity @40C
Viscosity @100C
Flashpoint

If it as great as you claim then the numbers will show it.
This isn't black magic and mirrors this is physics.
Good I hope you are genuine and understand all those things you wish to know about this form of grease,

Type in Locomotive Traction Gear Lube,
In 1985 the Texaco oil company did tests on this form of grease, while it is in a locomotive I think you can figer it will hold up in a Landcruiser
Old 07-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Banned

Default Bummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderpig View Post
You actually offended Mark last year on Ih8mud, he called you a troll(maybe that will jog your memory).
So I would not expect too much from him.
O, Mark has not worked at the Tech editor for a few years now.
Okay now I remember he is a pumper, your right not gonna get anywhere with him,
And yes it does offend those pumper dudes when you poke holes in their suction hoses,

But if I remember right he started with the nasty comments, Clueless I think it was,
So I went with it Clueless Clowns, thats when that reference all started
Small World,

Doubt I will here from him, now that I have a year to improve on punching holes in the suction hoses, then I had no idea what was going on just thought they didnt know what they where talking about,
Old 07-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Banned

Default Good Idea axle Ike

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
x2.

30 years on an axle? I re pack my wheel bearings once a year. I change my diff oil once, and even twice a year. Probably every 10k or so.

Why? They see hard abuse off road, and there are expensive parts in the diffs. A few bucks for grease and oil is nothing.
Good very smart Axle Ike that is a good idea for other axles, you have a IFS in your 87 Runner, but not required with the straight axle

Better safe than sorry,
Closed Thread