Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 08-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84cruzer View Post
Nice photochop!!
I was thinking the same thing. It took me a few seconds to realize that was Martin's rig. Funny, I'm sitting here at work multitasking between this thread and manipulating some images for a catalog in photoshop
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 08-04-2010, 03:48 PM

Never had the privilege/honor of meeting Martin but if i ever saw his rig rolling down the road i would for sure recognize it. It looks like it just rolled out of a time machine.

Gary-
TLCA# 20189
AC0UZ
1984 Proffitts TLC FJ60
Old 08-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Rising Sun member

Thanks Jeff, didn't know that! I'll have to see if my plug is still there for it to plug into, because the fan is definitely long gone!

Now, can you tell me what's supposed to mount on the passenger side fender, underneath the heater fan (basically), on a 10/76 FJ40?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzeppa View Post
The introduction of the carb fan coincides with the introduction of the EGR system, which adds a lot of heat-radiating surface area on that side of the engine. The rail of the air injection system is another source of radiant heat. The earlier fans (like on my CA-spec. 1976 FJ40) were up in the front corner, pointed toward all the emissions crap on that side of the engine. The later ones on both 40s and 60s were pointed directly at the carb, and were much closer to the carb.
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 08-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Rising Sun Commander

I got Gavin one of those FJ40 matchbox cars for his birthday, I can't wait to give it to him. Found it at Target in Westminster (104th & 36), just in the racks.. $0.97. Yes I've been back multiple times and I will buy up every one I see. I asked a dude if I could special order more of them, he said there isn't a SKU for specific models, so they never know what they're going to get. huh.

ps- some of my favorite threads on this forum are the trip reports that turn into tech, or discussions of new forum names, matchbox cars, etc. fun stuff.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 08-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Rising Sun Member

Some of you have seen my 40 and it's new coat of yellow paint. Well, one of the neighbor kids brought up that it is the same color as their school bus, complete with white top. Now, my wife keeps calling it........'the short bus'!
Old 08-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkaToy View Post
Some of you have seen my 40 and it's new coat of yellow paint. Well, one of the neighbor kids brought up that it is the same color as their school bus, complete with white top. Now, my wife keeps calling it........'the short bus'!
We always called the school bus the "Cheese Wagon".
Old 08-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Rising Sun member

Christo's old yellow 80 was called the "Short Bus," so at least you're in good company

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkaToy View Post
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD