Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 08-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default Miller Rock

Anybody done this one? I was looking at the Wells book and it said it was "Intermediate" up to this one obstacle. Since I can't do anything that requires moving on my own power for any period of time, I'm bored out of my mind. My wife was too scared to drive the 80 yesterday so off I went late this afternoon.

I got 0.8 miles back and that trail has some serious obstacles pretty much the entire way. Far worse than Coney Flats. From what I've read, you can come out at the Peaceful Valley end if the camp owners have the gate open. I read on some forum that people think the 5 out of 10 rating should be bumped to 7 because of the ledges and dramatic at times off-camber. I don't really know enough to judge. I did need to lock it quite a bit.

We should arrange to have that gate opened and do that run some time. I got a little anxiety since I was by myself and couldn't have walked out. But it was a pretty fun trail.

Last edited by pmccumber; 08-29-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman

Hey Paul. I ran this trail about 3 years ago with Mojo and some old school YotaTech runner guys and our kids. It's a short and fun trail. The short hike up Miller rock for the view with the kids was great. We were able to exit out the private camp road. The gate was unlocked and they moved some barriers out of the way for us in their camp.

I just recall the off-camber spot near the beginning and the deep ravine type area near Miller rock at the top that sets up for for a wheel stand. With the rear locker it was pretty easy - say 5 or 6 of 10. I hear it's a little harder now due to erosion.