Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Old 05-19-2006, 06:22 AM
Hard Core 4+

Default Hankerin' fer some shootin' & wheelin'

Anybunny up for a half-day, wheelin'/shootin' combo Saturday? I'll be trying out a new front driveshaft. I, um, need to also unbend my crossmember a little bit with a scissor bender... and make it stronger... I don't wanna talk about that...

I also need to move the scope on the AR to what I am told is a more proper mil-style eye relief (ahem, <cough> per SeldomSeen <cough>).

So I am thinking a late morning or midday start. No particular area in mind, maybe around Idiot Springs/Bill Moore/Spring Creek or sumthin'.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili
I also need to move the scope on the AR to what I am told is a more proper mil-style eye relief (ahem, <cough> per SeldomSeen <cough>).

So I am thinking a late morning or midday start. No particular area in mind, maybe around Idiot Springs/Bill Moore/Spring Creek or sumthin'.
Hey, if it works for you that's what counts right?

I've got 3 yrds of mulch coming and utilities being marked. Hopefully they will mark the lines b/4 I pile the mulch in the back yard. I really want to get out and do some flex testing, so if'n I get every thing done today I'll be up for it. I will let you know by 5pm K?
Old 05-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

You inviting something that pushes some lead or just those toy .22's? Just talking smack....got way to much on the plate right now but I have been itchin' to warm some barrels myself. Rain check? Remember, if your shooting out to 200+ yards and you have to use a telescope to see if ya hit it you're really not getting serious!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 05-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Trail Ready

Bill,

I'd take a rain check on this too...sounds like fun!

Chris
'99 F350 CC, 7.3 PSD
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
TLCA #7412

Statistics show that 95% of all Jeeps ever built are still on the road. The other 5% made it home.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Hard Core 4+

Yup, gonna shoot .223s. Hey Brian (Seldom), that works for me. Time might be a little 'loose', depends on getting my crossmember straightened, but I think I will just slot it, then bend it down, then weld a reinforcing plate.

BTW, let me take this opportunity to give props to Brian Ellinger. I gave him the info on my crossmember- I did not ask, he came out and offered to replace it with a newer design (mine is the first design). I'm just gonna straighten and brace it myself though, it would be a pain to swap it out even though that would be ultra cool.

Brian Ellinger really stands behind his products!
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben
...Remember, if your shooting out to 200+ yards and you have to use a telescope to see if ya hit it you're really not getting serious!
Uh-huh. Think of it as gettin' the feel for goat harvesting out to 500+. Which I also aim to do (with a little more than .223 of course; pincushioning ain't humane).

BTW, having reach makes reduction of Plague-carrying, disease-infested, cattle-hobbling overpopulated cute little <insert species here> for the local agricultural community that much nicer to accomplish!
KDØRCH
Bio Page
Old 05-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili
Uh-huh. Think of it as gettin' the feel for goat harvesting out to 500+. Which I also aim to do (with a little more than .223 of course; pincushioning ain't humane).

BTW, having reach makes reduction of Plague-carrying, disease-infested, cattle-hobbling overpopulated cute little <insert species here> for the local agricultural community that much nicer to accomplish!
I hear ya....think I might have to warm up the long guns too as I think we'll draw prairie goats this year also. Of couse I plan on packing the .460 and if the little scrapper is within' 300 is gonna get introduced to energy of unthinkable numbers!
The custom mini ranch hasn't been warmed in a while and I know I have at least a case of 58 grainers so I'm in....just not this sat.

.460 S&W Article
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior

Last edited by Uncle Ben; 05-19-2006 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

I'm kinda new to the grounds but I'd love to hit a few goats with 30 cal...
TLCA#4180
Old 05-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Rising Sun Member

Mission accomplished, let me know when and where,
Old 05-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Hard Core 4+

I'll take a rain check. I have 5 yards of mulch arriving tommorow so I can't go this time.

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
rage, rage, against the dying of the light" - Dylan Thomas