Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Old 11-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
You can reach the Argentine trailhead from the Georgetown side. The closure is several miles beyond that. Guanella pass probably won't open again until next year sometime. You can reach the top of the pass from the Grant side.

I was at the Argentine trailhead last week and there's already some snow accumulating, so plan accordingly for snowy/icy conditions.
Good to hear. I don't think I'll get up there this winter, but I sure wish I could. More out of curiousity than anything; that is such a great area.

Thanks for the info.
'00 UZJ100
Old 11-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
You can reach the Argentine trailhead from the Georgetown side. The closure is several miles beyond that. Guanella pass probably won't open again until next year sometime. You can reach the top of the pass from the Grant side.

I was at the Argentine trailhead last week and there's already some snow accumulating, so plan accordingly for snowy/icy conditions.
The road is closed at Clear Lake from the Georgetown side. That's only a couple of miles past the trailhead.

It was snowing up at Loveland all weekend and really cold today. Noticed this morning that Georgetown Reservoir is starting to ice up.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler