Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 05-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Lifted

bummer mike.

bring it down and we can exo it and put sliders on.
fill it all with concrete...
Old 05-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Hard Core 4+

You should build it like your front fenders. All tube with skin, make it hurt if it gets hit again.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:26 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk
Exclamation

Even 680-pound mailbox not safe from vandals

June 27, 2006
FROM STNG WIRE REPORTS
Glenn Boley could not stand to see his little plywood mailbox ruined by vandals again. So in 1996 the fed-up Orland Park man asked a welder in Sandwich to make him a mailbox that could withstand baseball bats, pumpkins or any other object that could be thrown its way.

The result was a 680-pound steel creation, standing on a post made of 4-by-8 pieces of wood boxed in by 2-by-6s. It worked like a charm -- until sometime after 12:30 a.m. Monday.

That's when the 80-year-old Boley and several of his neighbors on South 81st Court were jolted out of bed by what they said was an explosion that shook their homes. He went outside to find one side of his mailbox -- a hand-painted replica of his home -- bent outward.

"It had to be an explosive device," Boley said. "It would take a couple sticks of dynamite to touch that mailbox."

Orland Park police came to look at the mailbox and said they "did not find anything to indicate it was a fireworks device," and were unsure what means was used to cause the damage. Neighbors, however, said the dynamite theory is definitely in line with what they heard.

"My wife heard it, and we've been hearing other explosions like that around here lately," said Rick O'Meara, who lives a few houses away from Boley. "Someone down the block called the cops last week about another loud explosion."

Boley, whose family has a 165-year history in Orland Park, says he is not sure who or exactly what is responsible. But he's ready to ante up some money to find the guilty party. "I'd put up a $1,000 reward if anyone got convicted for it," he said.

As for the mailbox, which he hand-painted 10 years ago, Boley said it was time for a touch-up anyway. "I painted red bricks on it to look more like my house. But it needed to be sanded and repainted," he said.

From the Chicago Sun-Times
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:00 AM
Hard Core 4+

Hmmm... I had the brilliant idea to make your next one out of 1/4" plate. Looks like that would not be dynamite proof though. Still, you have the technology...

Get a deer cam. That way, when they whack it, you get a pic of the perp. My money is on a bored sub-sixteen tagger equivalent.

Years or IQ, either works in this case.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.