Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 10-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Lifted

Default lockers from 96 to a 94

i might be getting a set of elocked axles out of a 96, from what ive read the wiring wont work on a 96 to a 94 is this correct, can i just use the elocker wiring kit from inchworm or marlin? should i take all the wiring and ecu from the 96? thanks
ryan
Old 10-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Hard Core 4+

From what I understand you should be OK. But you will need the locker wiring from the 96 as your LC does not have the locker ECU or all the wiring prerun. I'm not aware of any incompatibility issues though.

Someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 10-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Hard Core 4+

I just got done last night converting my 84 housings to elocker thirds from a 97 & 98, You don't need anything from the doner car except the pigtail that plugs into the elocker motor. You can do it either with relays (2 per locker ) or with out using dpdt switch "double position, double throw" (one per locker) Which is how I'm going to do it. I also splurged on a 12voltguy panel. He also sells plug and play harness from the dash to the diff one solid piece of cable. Instead of several plugs. Like others. You also don't need to buy marlins or inchworms kit because you still have to build it. So just go find some 6 wire jacked wiring. (got mine from murdocs ) but etrailer also sells it, and I'd assume any rv parts store. You could always just rip out all the factors stuff also. But that's so time consuming. It's really not worth it. Do a google search for elocker wiring. There's only 3 good sights. But you'll find what u need. I'll post links later. I'm on my iphone right now.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Hard Core 4+

I just relized your problly going to be putting this into your 80. I believe all the wiring for the ECM down threw the car to the frame is already Installed. Even behind the dash for the switch. You just have to dig for It and plug all the ECM crap and swith plugs, and youll have to buy the harness down to the axle from the frame.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMZTOY View Post
I just relized your problly going to be putting this into your 80. I believe all the wiring for the ECM down threw the car to the frame is already Installed. Even behind the dash for the switch. You just have to dig for It and plug all the ECM crap and swith plugs, and youll have to buy the harness down to the axle from the frame.
this is what i thought also but the slee sight makes it sound like they wont work wiring wise like the plugs are diff, i will grab the ecu and all the wiring if i get the axles then swap axles that are locked into my truck when i regear next month, but it looks like the axles i was going to get are to good to be true, 2 locked complete axles 600 bucks, thanks for the help guys
ryan