Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 12-07-2010, 11:52 AM
AxleIke's Avatar
AxleIke AxleIke is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Arvada, CO
Posts: 3,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMZTOY View Post
torque steer..
Gotta say Tom, you certainly go whole hog man. I'm not sure how you do it, but that flop has gotta be the best on yet.
__________________
Isaac

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Myredyota's Avatar
Myredyota Myredyota is offline
Locked
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Arvada
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
I just had this flashback to Kane Creek...
Good Memory! Well...maybe not so much!
__________________
Carey--Arvada



Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-08-2010, 08:09 AM
RockRunner's Avatar
RockRunner RockRunner is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roxborough
Posts: 4,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myredyota View Post
Good Memory! Well...maybe not so much!
It is because you had your eyes crossed staring at your CB/Ham antena

Great shot jut cracks me up where you have your antena
__________________
Thanks T aka Tom KR0MPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story


TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Myredyota's Avatar
Myredyota Myredyota is offline
Locked
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Arvada
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
It is because you had your eyes crossed staring at your CB/Ham antena

Great shot jut cracks me up where you have your antena
I have always liked the K-40, it works great! The hood was the perfect location, out of the way and easy on/off!
__________________
Carey--Arvada



Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-09-2010, 07:57 AM
RockRunner's Avatar
RockRunner RockRunner is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roxborough
Posts: 4,400
Default

But in the middle?? It just lended itself perfectly for this picture.
__________________
Thanks T aka Tom KR0MPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story


TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Myredyota's Avatar
Myredyota Myredyota is offline
Locked
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Arvada
Posts: 261
Default

Trust me, I am laughing! I should have my camera ready to capture the look on people's faces when my truck decides to go pigeon toed! Shorty has gotten used to it. Someday I will SAS the poor thing...
__________________
Carey--Arvada



Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-16-2010, 09:06 PM
RockRunner's Avatar
RockRunner RockRunner is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roxborough
Posts: 4,400
Default

Got some more parts and may be ready to start building the front. Most important will be the steering parts/rods
__________________
Thanks T aka Tom KR0MPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story


TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-16-2010, 10:20 PM
nakman's Avatar
nakman nakman is offline
Rising Sun Commander
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: north side
Posts: 9,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myredyota View Post
Trust me, I am laughing! I should have my camera ready to capture the look on people's faces when my truck decides to go pigeon toed! Shorty has gotten used to it. Someday I will SAS the poor thing...
It's amazing how that spot on the trail has changed since then- that line now almost puts you into that rock on the right, you kind of have to go more left which tips you even more.. or else go big and right up and over the one to your right. Now that the shelf road and the last waterfall climb both have bypasses, that's now the toughest spot on the trail, IMO.

edit: here, found a pic from recent CM
Before:



Now:


few more at http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/foru...5&postcount=15

Ok Tom, now on with the build!!
__________________
99 uzj100, 05 525EXC

www.gamiviti.com

Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-16-2010, 10:50 PM
J Kimmel J Kimmel is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
Got some more parts and may be ready to start building the front. Most important will be the steering parts/rods
lets get going

We can get the front in and done by the snow run...no reason why you have to have both done at once

TR/draglink are easy
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-17-2010, 11:38 AM
RockRunner's Avatar
RockRunner RockRunner is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roxborough
Posts: 4,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Kimmel View Post
lets get going

We can get the front in and done by the snow run...no reason why you have to have both done at once

TR/draglink are easy
Now that would be funny, I will call you.
__________________
Thanks T aka Tom KR0MPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story


TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.