Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 12-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Hard Core 4+

I still have a twinn post lift in storage in Denver I'd like to get rid of. I would have to see what kind of condition its in as its been outdoors

anyone can PM me if your interested. Its a Challenger lift I got out of the Dodge dealer in Silverthorne. It worked for 3500 series Rams so I'm sure it will lift a Cruiser.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 12-28-2010, 12:55 AM
Rising Sun Member

John,

Did you find something to use to lift up the car? If not, I've got some of those car ramp dealyos you could borrow. I actually use them when working on the 's low rider 80

Heck, if we could find a day/time that worked for both of us you could come by, pull in the garage and on the ramps, and we'll check it out. Pretty far south for you to come but if it works out
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 12-29-2010, 08:00 AM
Hard Core 4+

Thanks Jeff. Daniel offered the same thing. I said we could waiy until holidaze are over.
I don't care how far I drive. As long as the loose bits don't fall off on the way. :LOL:
Old 12-29-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80lolux4x4 View Post
I'm not at all upset about the hijack. And that QuickLift would be a fun addition to my small garage after my transplant is done. Although the more I look at it, it doesn't seem to give much more lift than a pair of good ramp stands, especially the solid hard rubber ones. And since you drive on, wheel changes are out of the question.
It gets the bottom of the front and rear wheels a little over 20 inches off the ground IIRC, much more room under the vehicle than trying to work under a set of ramps. I've been able to drop a couple of transmissions out from under the 40 and the vette with it. Overall its a good height for doing a lot of work.

I've had both vehicles stored long term on the QuickLift and done lots of projects that included axle work. Getting the axles supported is a PITA with the Qwicklift since they end up way too high for a jack stand without rigging some kind of stable platform for the jack stands to sit on. I home brew so I use empty kegs which work out to be a good height. Commercial truck type jack stands would be another option, but they are heavy and pretty large to store.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Hard Core 4+

I was tightening my lugs nuts today (30 days of 4 miles/day on new wheels/tires) and stumbled upon what's loose. The front lower rubber shock bushes are ruined and the shocks are rattling in the lower mounts. I can't tell if the shocks leaked or something else got on the bushes. So no lift needed, I just need to get some urethane bushes or worst case, new shocks.

Thanks for the offers to get my car off the ground!