Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 01-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default Odd Registration Question...

OK, I'm going to try and make CM11, but my Dad wants to come at least for the later part of it (he's got business until the 4th IIRC). I don't know if I'll even be able to be there at all, as my May schedule won't be known until late April (I can call in sick of course, if something really awful shows up on my schedule...). Should I register in my name or Dad's?

Next question: we're planning on bringing his 40. If I can get it finished by May. I don't see any problems with that timeline, but there's an off chance that we'd have to take something else (like my 60, or the faux-lux). Which begs the question: which vehicle shall we register? We won't be doing anything crazy either way, because even though the 40 has two lockers, after all this work, I suspect Dad wouldn't be happy to put a dent in it (at least not for a few years).

Ideas, suggestions?

Dan
Old 01-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Rising Sun Member

Dan,

Hopefully Hants or someone will chime in but I think you would be fine just registering in your name and with the 40. If something changes, that's just the way it is - The only deal with the vehicle is that your "card" you'll get would show that you have/are driving a FJ40 vs. whatever you show up in...Not a big deal.

If you can't show due to work but your dad can I don't see why he can't take your spot (just notify Hants) and if the stuff really hits the you know what there are usually a lot of people wait listed that will want your spot. Just try to give the committee as much notice as possible to fill your spot.
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 01-16-2011, 02:42 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS View Post
OK, I'm going to try and make CM11, but my Dad wants to come at least for the later part of it (he's got business until the 4th IIRC). I don't know if I'll even be able to be there at all, as my May schedule won't be known until late April (I can call in sick of course, if something really awful shows up on my schedule...). Should I register in my name or Dad's?

Next question: we're planning on bringing his 40. If I can get it finished by May. I don't see any problems with that timeline, but there's an off chance that we'd have to take something else (like my 60, or the faux-lux). Which begs the question: which vehicle shall we register? We won't be doing anything crazy either way, because even though the 40 has two lockers, after all this work, I suspect Dad wouldn't be happy to put a dent in it (at least not for a few years).

Ideas, suggestions?

Dan
Hello Dan,
One of the things we use the vehicle you register with is to determine which trails you will be able to run...
For example a non-locked vehicle would not be allowed to run Golden Spike, even if they registered for it early. We would move them to a different trail.

We try to do as much of the pre-check as possible (don't always catch them all up front, but we try to do what we can). You should be O.K. to register with the FJ40, and just send us a note as time gets closer if you know it will be a different vehicle.. If you thinks there is a question, you may want to choose the trails the the least capable vehicle you may bring can run...

Cheers,
Neil.
KD0EXO
Old 01-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Dog View Post
If you thinks there is a question, you may want to choose the trails the the least capable vehicle you may bring can run...

Cheers,
Neil.
That's the plan anyway. Pretty sure after all the body work I've done on his 40, Dad's just not up to the thought of damaging it any day soon....

Dan
Old 01-21-2011, 01:01 AM
Rising Sun Member

Registered.

It's all uber easy stuff. E-hill, Fins, etc....

Dad'll be plenty happy with that, and that way if the 40 isn't running, then he can bring his Tacoma, of my faux-lux, or the 60....

Dan
Old 01-21-2011, 01:26 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS View Post
Registered.

It's all uber easy stuff. E-hill, Fins, etc....

Dad'll be plenty happy with that, and that way if the 40 isn't running, then he can bring his Tacoma, of my faux-lux, or the 60....

Dan
You can never go wrong with E-hill.. The hike in Chesler Park is one of my all time favorites.. The actual Hill on E-hill can also be exciting with the "old school" backing down switchbacks... Fins is like a "Mini Hells Revenge" at the end, and has some fun climbs...

I think you will have a great time!
KD0EXO