Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 01-30-2011, 11:47 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Default Hell's Revenge (no Hell's Gate, Hottubs, Escalator)

Hello All,
There has been some discussion about the Hell's Revenge trail runs for CM2011.. So let me try to clear up any confusion.

Starting last year (2010) we were informed that our BLM permit does not allow us to run Hell's Gate, The Hot Tubs (yes this means all of them), or the Escalator obstacles as part of our "official" CM2011 Hell's Revenge trail runs. (Please refer to the attached map provided by the BLM)

It is not just our event, but other permitees such as Easter Jeep Safari that are under this current limitation. This is due to the Environmental Impact Study the Permits are based on. We as a 4 wheel drive community need to make sure we continue to honor these limitations for the official CM2011 trail runs, to help us work toward getting them back as part of future "official" CM trail runs.

To be clear, these obstacles are not currently closed to individuals who run the trail on their own (from the beginning).

We ask that you please not run the trail with the "official CM2011 Trail run", with the intention of turning back to do these obstacles. If you want to do these obstacles, we ask that participants please leave the trail (all the way out to the parking area), and then go back as individuals from the start of the trail, to enjoy these obstacles.

Thank you all for your support !

Best Regards,
Neil (Cruise Moab 2011 Committee)
Attached Images

KD0EXO

Last edited by Hulk; 01-31-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:10 PM
Hard Core 4+

Sounds good to me Neil. Trail leaders will need to convey this all participants before the run with vigor. A lot of people may have chosen this particular run of some of these obstacles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 02-01-2011, 12:40 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
Sounds good to me Neil. Trail leaders will need to convey this all participants before the run with vigor. A lot of people may have chosen this particular run of some of these obstacles.
This was conveyed with vigor by the trail leaders last year, and will be done this year as well. This year we have the Map from the BLM we can provide, both to those that get the trail as an assignment, and also at the trail line up to make sure there are no questions by the participant drivers.

I will say that all the trails in the Sand Flats area (Fins and Things, Hell's Revenge, Porcupine Rim), are under constant scrutiny, so we must be extra diligent in our stewardship of these trails.

Thanks,
Neil.
KD0EXO