Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 04-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hants View Post
Hi Martin,

Send a PM to HotLips, and she'll set aside the tickets you need. You can settle up when you get to Registration.

See you in Moab!
Perfect, thanks Hants!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Lifted

I'm planning on bringing my dog to moab. What's the deal with the dinner, is it 4 leg friendly?
Old 04-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xodeuce View Post
I'm planning on bringing my dog to moab. What's the deal with the dinner, is it 4 leg friendly?
I am going to say no. The last two years I have been it's just too tight to include dogs at the raffle dinner.

Anyone on the Moab committe care to chime in, por favor.

______
Old 04-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Last few years the dog slept in the truck while the dinner was going on. Works out great since they are usually pretty beat from the day's activities.
82 FJ40
Old 04-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
There are a few trails on which dogs are completely banned. Elephant Hill is the only one I can think of at the moment. So you may need a contingency plan based on which trails you are running. Most of the trails are OK for dogs.

Also, keep in mind that many people bring their whole families -- there will be lots of little kids running around and getting into mischief. If your dog is good with kids, then it should be no problem to bring him/her.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
There are a few trails on which dogs are completely banned. Elephant Hill is the only one I can think of at the moment. So you may need a contingency plan based on which trails you are running. Most of the trails are OK for dogs.

Also, keep in mind that many people bring their whole families -- there will be lots of little kids running around and getting into mischief. If your dog is good with kids, then it should be no problem to bring him/her.
Good to know. I'm going to be doing Fins, 7 Mile, and Chicken Corners. When I checked before Elephant Hill was the only one. I'll double check before leaving just to be certain. She's good with kids, so that will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover67 View Post
Last few years the dog slept in the truck while the dinner was going on. Works out great since they are usually pretty beat from the day's activities.
10-4 on the snooze in the truck.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

I would agree that everyone who brings dogs should not bring them to the dinner. It's usually way too crowded and if rover decides to do the dastardly deed at that moment in time it has a negative effect on many folk's appetite
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
Old 04-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Randy View Post
I would agree that everyone who brings dogs should not bring them to the dinner. It's usually way too crowded and if rover decides to do the dastardly deed at that moment in time it has a negative effect on many folk's appetite
Haha, duly noted. I just finished building a platform for her to ride on in the back of the cab. She'll have a nice cozy spot to snooze for a bit while we get our chow on.

I'll add, I thought you meant Rover67 at first... got a chuckle out of that.