Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 03-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreckBJ44 View Post
Any way you want to get rid on one of those bow sets? I am still in the process of making mine and would love to shorten the process!

I have been working with Jim on a PDF for ordering the tops.

Here it is... It has all of the current options for the tops.

K
Thanks, I might just send in a request and get on the wait list.

I'm not planning on selling my bows unless the 40 goes, but you're welcome to check them out for measurements or reference.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Trail Ready

Thanks! That will be awesome as I need to see how the stock soft top connects to the bows for when I make them.

Oh, and PM me if you want to send in the form or ask questions... I didn't want to post his email without his permission.

K
Old 03-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Rising Sun Member

how much are the bows? where are ya'll getting them?
82 FJ40
Old 03-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Trail Ready

There are two retail locations. Pilgrim makes some and the paktops company makes some too. They are a bit pricey for my tastes (around $700 and up) so I am taking a hard top and making my own. Except for the door jambs, the rest is all bent tube.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:29 AM
Lifted

If you can, get in on the ones from Pilgram. The paki bows are very poor quality. The door pillars I received with mine look like a 9 year old with his pants down made them. The welds look like they were done with a coat hanger and a battery.
I tweaked them enough to get my custom ocd top installed and then ordered a set from Pilgram and am hoping for better quality. The pakis are so poor I would not trust them to copy, but I will make some once I get the new one.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by zornff View Post
If you can, get in on the ones from Pilgram. The paki bows are very poor quality. The door pillars I received with mine look like a 9 year old with his pants down made them. The welds look like they were done with a coat hanger and a battery.
I tweaked them enough to get my custom ocd top installed and then ordered a set from Pilgram and am hoping for better quality. The pakis are so poor I would not trust them to copy, but I will make some once I get the new one.
That's pretty harsh, but sorry you weren't happy with your bows. I got my top and bows before "paktops" started selling them (and doubled the price) and I've been very happy with the quality. True they are not OEM quality, but it has functioned perfectly and I haven't had any issues. My top is probably 6 or 7 years old and has taken some tree abuse, which is why I want to replace it. I also sold a full pakistan top to Dean, and as far as I know he's been pleased with the quality as well.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
That's pretty harsh, but sorry you weren't happy with your bows. I got my top and bows before "paktops" started selling them (and doubled the price) and I've been very happy with the quality. True they are not OEM quality, but it has functioned perfectly and I haven't had any issues. My top is probably 6 or 7 years old and has taken some tree abuse, which is why I want to replace it. I also sold a full pakistan top to Dean, and as far as I know he's been pleased with the quality as well.
Yes, a bit harsh, about $700.00 + shipping harsh. Don't get me wrong, they do function, after 3-4 hours of fab work.