Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 04-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Hard Core 4+

Blower running nicely. Truck drives a LOT smoother now that I got the pinion angle correct... and now that I installed a nearly completely rebuilt rear driveshaft... DOH!
Schmooooooooth.

Bung welded in for WB AFR sensor. For those interested, AA Performance Muffler on S. Broadway ABSOLUTELY ROCKS. 1/3 the cost of Bud's Muffler and very nicely done!! They said Hi, Ige!

Now I just need to get the A pillar housing for the gauges so I can complete the gauge install (they are not fast to ship, they make to order... DOH!). Just an extra margin of comfort really. Sometimes I think my name should be Margin instead of Morgan.

Dave helped me sort my radio. Thanks Dave! I... uh... also discovered a nice feature to my antenna I didn't know I had... uh... Still no idea why I cannot hit the GJ CCR. Everything else works and it's set up correctly. Oh well.

Oil changed. Coolant changed. Additional toons downloaded. Gauges, groceries, beer (some for Scotty), and truck organization and inventory and BOOM I'm gone.
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Rising Sun Commander

Bill I think you should change your sig from "abnormally aspirated" to "above-normal aspirations".. can't wait to see that thing pass me on the highway!

www.gamiviti.com

Old 04-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Hard Core 4+

I'm just glad it can now pull around the hundred pounds + of 'margin' I carry around with me...

We'll see about passing anyone... it should tow the camper rather nicely now though.
++++++++++++
Oh yeah, got a haircut too...
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Rising Sun Member

Nice work Bill!

Dan, the rig is looking super sweet!!!!
82 FJ40
Old 04-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Still no idea why I cannot hit the GJ CCR.
Did we check that the memory location is set for 145.355 MHz? I know we checked the offset and tone. I was thinking that maybe that memory location was somehow corrupt. Maybe add a new location for the GJ repeater. This really stumps me. :-/

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 04-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJBRADY View Post
Update:

New drag link and tie rod installed.

To do:

ebrake adjust, check for loose bolts, clean the interior a bit and gas it up.

, Me,Michele
, Sharon (Tom's bride)

That's how we are rolling into Moab.....
Be sure to bring your parking chock just in case
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
Old 04-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Rising Sun Member

On the way out the door to fly back to DEN before I have to work tomorrow, but.....

And also...
Name:  outside 1.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  150.5 KB

Name:  outside 2.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  153.6 KB

Not that it's anything you haven't seen, but you haven't seen it in the sun yet...

Dan
Old 04-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzeppa View Post
Hair cuts seem to be popular - is that to keep from flopping by being less top-heavy?
Nah, it never worked for me
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
Old 04-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
Did we check that the memory location is set for 145.355 MHz? I know we checked the offset and tone. I was thinking that maybe that memory location was somehow corrupt. Maybe add a new location for the GJ repeater. This really stumps me. :-/
Bill, that's what I'd suggest too.. just start over.

145.355 mhz.
#32 RF Squelch set to OFF
#36 step at +.6
#40 tone F at 123 hz
#40 tone M at ENC

My personal culprit is always #40... seems I need to toggle the ENC, ENC DEC, DEC, etc. options endlessly until I get the repeater tone to talk back. You should be able to hit it from about Rifle if you get it, hope that helps!

edit: Dan, that 40 is looking pretty.. is that a School bus axle back there? what's that project..

www.gamiviti.com

Old 04-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Blower running nicely. Truck drives a LOT smoother now that I got the pinion angle correct... and now that I installed a nearly completely rebuilt rear driveshaft... DOH!
Schmooooooooth.

Bung welded in for WB AFR sensor. For those interested, AA Performance Muffler on S. Broadway ABSOLUTELY ROCKS. 1/3 the cost of Bud's Muffler and very nicely done!! They said Hi, Ige!

Now I just need to get the A pillar housing for the gauges so I can complete the gauge install (they are not fast to ship, they make to order... DOH!). Just an extra margin of comfort really. Sometimes I think my name should be Margin instead of Morgan.

Dave helped me sort my radio. Thanks Dave! I... uh... also discovered a nice feature to my antenna I didn't know I had... uh... Still no idea why I cannot hit the GJ CCR. Everything else works and it's set up correctly. Oh well.

Oil changed. Coolant changed. Additional toons downloaded. Gauges, groceries, beer (some for Scotty), and truck organization and inventory and BOOM I'm gone.
Was pulling out of Burt Toyota last Sat, waiting for an opening to go north bound, A Ferrari 360 Modena passes by, "that's cool" I say. A few seconds later Red Chili comes rolling in, Perry's response: .

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"