Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 06-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default 40 Down on I-25

I was coming up I-25 North headed downtown today when traffic suddenly stopped and the rescue fire truck came by. As we slowly passed the scene, it was a lone FJ40 in mustard color on its side in the middle of the interstate.

Hope it was nobody here - was hard to tell if there were injuries or how much damage to the down side of the 40.

In what could have been related news, I was coming up CO83 later in the day and an Expedition pulled out in front of me at an intersection without looking at all - I was going 55 mph and headed towards a perfect t-bone of the Expedition. I started to brake and realized I had no chance, so I hit the gas and swerved out in front of him and then across the shoulder. I was sure I was going to get clipped on the rear quarter, but it cleared.

I was really impressed with the handling in a high speed evasive maneuver - that was by far the closest I have ever been to a high speed accident. The handling of the 80 was so clean that my heart rate wasn't even up that high once I was back on the road. Be careful out there
Old 06-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Rising Sun member

I've had a couple close calls with motorcycles riding in my blind spot or coming up behind me. Take care to look twice. Glad you're safe Nay.
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 06-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Hard Core 4+

Hmm. I just saw a really clean mustard 40 in Evergreen a couple of days ago that I had never seen before. Looked like a kid driving it. I wonder if it was the same one?
Old 06-10-2011, 06:41 AM
Rising Sun Member

Well, it wasn't mine...........this time.

"13" Taco 4X4 Extra Cab, Firestone Air Ride, Airstream tow vehicle - "Daily Driver"