Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 06-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Jack Bickers 1923-2011

http://www.moabtimes.com/pages/full_...ance=1st_right

A few of you got to spend some Moab trail time with Jack and you know how lucky you are. As the obit writer notes, he was a giant in the Moab community when it came to knowing the country he so loved. For those of you who enjoy wheeling in the Moab area, you can thank Jack for being a pioneer of the sport and sharing the wonders he found.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Sorry to hear it, Steve. I know you had become good friends with Jack over the years. He lived a good life. I wish I had met him.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Rising Sun Member

Sorry to hear about the loss of Jack. Dee and I really enjoyed the time we spent with you and Jack on that trip. Maybe we should make a plaque in memory of Jack and place it some where in Moab that would have been one of his favorite spots.
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
Old 06-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Rising Sun Member

Perhaps get in touch with the Red Rock Four Wheelers to see if they have any plans to do something like that? Then maybe Rising Sun could help?
Old 06-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Hard Core 4+

I do memorial stone engraving for a living. I would be happy to donate my time and stone. My cost on the masks/template is about $200. I could do a stone and we could bring it out to Moab?
Example
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Rising Sun Member

Good to read the kind thoughts. Farnham,your offer of creating a memorial to Jack is very generous and appreciated. I will contact Jack's daughter, Jean, give her the link to this thread and ask for her input on the possibility of a memorial stone.
Here are a few pics of adventures with Jack. He wasn't fond of having his picture taken but he would stand still - for a little bit. You get a sense of his humor by checking out the name of his Cherokee. I included one taken from up high looking down on a track in the canyon floor below. Every time I went out with Jack, it always set the hook for further adventures, leaving me wondering what was around the next corner.
Attached Images