Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 06-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Lifted

Sounds like I may need to take that trip.

I dip my fig newtons.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Another "Huh?" Dennis Weaver died in 2006. Not sure I'm ready to meet him in his current place of habitation. Some of you guys must have had a really good Fathers' Day!
Oh my. My Bad. I spaced that out totally but forgive me Dennis for my laughing! Good "Huh" Crash!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 06-20-2011, 12:12 AM
Hard Core 4+

Frisco's show is not bad. We watched them from our yard for many years. But like anything in Summit County the parking and traffic sucks. Lots of off the beat and path camping spots in Summit though. I always wanted to hike up to the top of Mount Royal or even Peak One to watch the show but never did.

I have heard great things about Ouray and Silverton but have not made it up there yet even though its so close now.

We are camping at Vallecito Lake this year for the 4th and I can report back later.

I don't know anything about the front range shows.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 06-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Rising Sun Member

Find the old abandoned ski jump hill on the side of Mt. Royal near Kid's Pond in Frisco for a great view of the Frisco fireworks - if it isn't raining, that is. That used to be our back yard.
American Yacht Club on Milton Point was always a great spot to view local displays and you could see all of them on Long Island across the sound and clear down to Manhattan. About as spectacular as you could hope for. Then afterwards a boat ride around on the bay's cool water in the dark hot, muggy, smokey air - now that was romantic! God Bless America!!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Rising Sun Member

Locally, if the Rockies and/or the Rapids are playing in town, there's usually a fireworks show downtown in one of the stadiums and visible from all around the area. And in Boulder there is a show in Folsom Field and you can watch in the stadium or head up into the hills above town and watch.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:34 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Wray, Co
TLCA#4180
Old 06-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Loud a boy your age needs to go to the hill in Boulder. Get on one of those rooftop bars near Broadway & Pleasant.. find a table that looks somewhat east towards campus. Later you'll see the show from Folsom, probably catch pieces of Longmont and Louisville too. But you'll be so busy looking at the locals you'll probably miss the fireworks altogether.

If you go mountains, Glenwood Springs actually has a nice show.. again if you can eat outside you can usually see them from your seat, did this once years ago from the Bayou cajun restaruant and it was excellent.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 06-20-2011, 11:08 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Find the old abandoned ski jump hill on the side of Mt. Royal near Kid's Pond in Frisco for a great view of the Frisco fireworks - if it isn't raining, that is. That used to be our back yard.
American Yacht Club on Milton Point was always a great spot to view local displays and you could see all of them on Long Island across the sound and clear down to Manhattan. About as spectacular as you could hope for. Then afterwards a boat ride around on the bay's cool water in the dark hot, muggy, smokey air - now that was romantic! God Bless America!!
I lived in Rye, but you knew that

Sometimes we'd go out on the water for the fireworks and watch it without a crowd.

I dip my fig newtons.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Hard Core 4+

I'll toss the hat in the ring for Granby, believe it or not for a tiny town it has a show that lasts nearly 20 minutes and is awesome. There are bars along the lake and also the park along the lake.

We may go up there again this year and take the boat so we can watch from the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me