Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 07-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Lifted

Default will you guys hate me if

I sell my Landcruiser and get a newer one or a Jeep even? I love this group and the welcome I received as a new wheeler. But I really think a Jeep is in my future and I want to continue being a member here?
Old 07-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Rising Sun Member

I don't think you will be the first to be thinking that way.....see

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/foru...ad.php?t=16032

You may have to put a Toyota emblem on somewhere....T

"13" Taco 4X4 Extra Cab, Firestone Air Ride, Airstream tow vehicle - "Daily Driver"
Old 07-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttubb View Post
I don't think you will be the first to be thinking that way.....see

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/foru...ad.php?t=16032

You may have to put a Toyota emblem on somewhere....T

From the history page of the Home Page....

"Rising Sun was founded by a few guys that had Land Cruisers and belonged to other 4 wheel drive clubs that were mostly Jeep owners. They got tired of the ridicule and all the "special deals" on parts that only pertained to Jeeps, and nothing for the FJ-40's and pickups they drove. So enough was enough, and in March 1981 The Rising Sun 4 Wheel Drive Club of Colorado, Inc. was born.

Our membership requirements are simple: you must be a Toyota 4x4 owner, come to one meeting, and one event, write a short bio about your vehicle, be voted in, and pay our annual dues of $60. Our meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 PM at Stevinson West Toyota, located at 780 Indiana St near Colorado Mills Mall between 6th Ave and Colfax. Please park on the south side. Meeting in the 2nd floor conference room.

Most of our members live in the Denver Metro area, although we do have a few members scattered in the smaller towns of Colorado and a handful that live out of state. Our membership is 75% Land Cruisers (various models) and some pickups and 4Runners, etc. The vehicles range from stock to heavily modified. We do trails that range from easy and scenic to wild and crazy. There's something for everyone.

The Rising Sun 4 Wheel Drive Club of Colorado is a family oriented, conservation-minded organization, devoted to several goals:

Link to: Rising Sun Bylaws

HAVING FUN: 4 wheeling and getting together with people who all have a common interest.

VEHICLE INFORMATION: Using, maintaining and modifying our Toyota 4x4's. We share information on the latest products, and how to keep our vehicles going.

SAFETY: Traveling in numbers is safer, not only as far as breakdowns go, but in case of emergencies. Being aware of things like safety maintenance, first aid kits, fire extinguishers and necessary 4 wheeling equipment is stressed.

CONSERVATION/KEEPING LANDS OPEN: We believe in protecting public lands for the public, and not from the public. We believe in trail preservation, treading lightly, staying on designated trails, and leaving the areas we visit cleaner than when we got there. We also have our own Adopt-a-Trail (Argentine Pass and Jenny Creek) that we visit and do maintenance at least once a year.

CLUB RUNS: We have several annual runs that the club does each year. We do Moab, a Ghost Town Run, Ouray-Silverton-Teluride, the Triple Bypass (3 passes in a day). And a few day trips that are organized during the year. Our other annual event is our wheel bearing packing party. We all get together a few weeks before Moab to repack the front ends, change 90 wt, fix other small things, and make sure everything is tight. We get a substantial discount from one of our club sponsors, Larry Miller Toyota, on the clubs' parts order.

So what are the advantages of membership?

You'll learn to drive safely and responsibly off road. Safety of having others to help you on club sponsored trips. Discover new places to 4 wheel in Colorado and Utah. Community service through the Adopt-a-Trail program. Work cooperatives on member vehicles. Technical help from members. Discounts on new parts through club sponsors. Used parts through the membership network. Annual wheel bearing packing party with HEAVY discounts on parts, grease and oil. Informative monthly newsletter. Membership in Colorado Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, Incorporated. Membership in United 4WD Association. This is our voice in Washington DC. You get a quarterly newsletter with both."
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 07-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to RedCreeper

I maybe rubbing off on people.... haha

Welcome to the other side. Take a look at my sig line.... You will get razzed but all in good fun. The folks here are a top notched group of folks no matter what you drive. They just like the rice a little better. hehe.
TLCA #19056
08 TT FJC
82 Scrambler (Scraps)
81 Scrambler (Sassy)
07.5 Dodge Ram 2500
69 Maro... next project when the Jeeps get done.....
Old 07-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Hard Core 4+

Of COURSE we won't hate you! We will feel honored you wanna hang with us.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Lifted

sweet. You guys rock, and if I get a Jeep, I will definitely get a Toyota sticker.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Rising Sun Member

Of course we won't hate you. (but you're asking for lots of jabs if you go with a *eep over a Cruiser.)

If you do decide to sell your 40, please list it here on our forum first. It would be great to see it on the trail piloted by someone from the club. A cruiser of that vintage and in such nice condition deserves to be restored and driven.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Lifted

If you get a Jeep you will be lost in the sea of Jeeps and lose your FJ40 celebrity status.
KD0WJN
Old 07-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Rising Sun Member

This thread is so funny because I just sold my Jeep to buy an LX470.
TLCA#21035
My Cruiser videos on Youtube
Old 07-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowrun View Post
This thread is so funny because I just sold my Jeep to buy an LX470.
details?
ige tlca #1431