Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 07-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Hard Core 4+

sorry for starting a thread with no pics, hope this is enough till I change all the pics sizes and write up a report. And sorry if I didn't get to meet up with everyone, looks like the enjoyment was shared by all!!
Attached Images

2008 FJC (SRTBUS)

"In-justice is a threat 2 justice everywhere" MLK

"I remain just one thing, and one thing only- And that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician." Charlie Chaplin

Last edited by SRT08BUS; 07-28-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:55 AM
Hard Core 4+

a couple more before work
Attached Images

2008 FJC (SRTBUS)

"I remain just one thing, and one thing only- And that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician." Charlie Chaplin
Old 07-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Hard Core 4+

and then
Attached Images

2008 FJC (SRTBUS)

Old 07-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT08BUS View Post
sorry for starting a thread with no pics, hope this is enough till I change all the pics sizes and write up a report. And sorry if I didn't get to meet up with everyone, looks like the enjoyment was shared by all!!
What's up with the RAV4 stuck in the drift?

Old 07-30-2011, 01:40 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
What's up with the RAV4 stuck in the drift?
Right family but wrong family member, I didn't really go and ask as I tend to say things that piss people off in these types of predicaments. There were two jeeps up top ready to pull him out uphill but in the end it took a FJC with a winch and a extension to get the job done. I was asking if there is normally a trail in the area where he was along with other tracks of people who look like they made it, but never received a answer. I have a video of it but want to cut and speed it up
Attached Images

2008 FJC (SRTBUS)

Old 07-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Hard Core 4+

7/20/11
So to start off my Summit trip on the morning that I was to leave I found a screw in my tire with about 20 psi in it. After a quick tire fix I was on my way to meet up with the caravan to the summit that was meeting in Morrison (I think), I told Adam (FJinCO in the Blue Room) I would be on the over pass to grab a shot of them as they pass. As I was waiting I noticed a really nice green FJ40 passing so i took a look....a little to long and then noticed the group was about to pass me (pic#1). So it was a quick dash back to the rig on off for the pavement part of the trip on to BV (or close to, pic #2) to meet up with the Colorado Springs group and then on to Gunnison for lunch and a break from sitting in the rig (to sit in the shade on some grass, pic #3). Then it was on to Blue Mesa Res. to get a group pic (pic #4) and then on to Ouray. Just out side of Ouray I noticed some cattle, longhorns, off to the right and just happened to notice a calf on the highway side of the fence. I circled around and tried to yell at the home owner who's house ether bordered or was the property that was where the cattle look to be from....but with no luck, so I went to the next street south (which was the closest) and went in to the hot springs shop and asked if they could get a hold of the rancher or the owners. ON of the girls behind the counter look very shocked and was very thankful for the information and then I was on my way again, I would have stayed to make sure everything turned out ok but the two times I passed by the calf it seemed to be staying close to the fence and the herd and was a decent distance from the road. After that it was off to my cabin (pic #5)
Attached Images

2008 FJC (SRTBUS)

Old 08-01-2011, 06:56 AM
Hard Core 4+

Day two 7/21/11 Black Bear/Ohpir/Black Bear Pass Detour Run (part 1)

My second day started of with a coffee and a quick ride up one of the streets near by that had a sign up for mine tours, I did not find the mind but did get a quick shot of clouds being hit by the rising sun (pic #1). Due to snow blocking the pass after the top, the construction that was to only be at night was allowed to continue (can't blame them) make our Black Bear Pass run turn in to a 'bottom of Black Bear Pass (pic #2) to Ophir to the top of Black bear pass' run . I have never done Black Bear so I was upset not to be able to do it all the way I was still happy for the day. When we were about to leave the bottom of BBP a nice FJ70 came up (pic #3&4) and asked to look at our trial leaders (digger) rig. I forgot his name but he said he talked to Jeff Z. recently and was nice enough to let me look at his rig as he was looking at Diggers. After our detouring from leaving our first leg of our detour run we were off to Ophir Pass (pic#5 taken where there was a slide recently)
Attached Images

2008 FJC (SRTBUS)

Old 08-02-2011, 05:17 AM
Hard Core 4+

7/21/11 Day 2, part 2

Not much to tell for the Ophir leg of the trip...just good views.
Attached Images

2008 FJC (SRTBUS)

Old 08-02-2011, 05:38 AM
Hard Core 4+

7/21/11 part 3

So after doing Ophir to get back to 550, we were on our way to Black Bear Pass and a 4runner stuck in the snow. Never found out what happened but we came up t it as 2 jeeps were lining up to winch him up....it ended up taking a FJC a winch and a extension. We spent some time watching the recovery and taking some time to take in the scenery and then it was back down to get ready for the nights events.
Attached Images

2008 FJC (SRTBUS)

Old 08-02-2011, 05:46 AM
Hard Core 4+

7/21/11 part 4

These are the pics after the recovery....
Attached Images

2008 FJC (SRTBUS)