Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > Ham & CB Radio Corner

Old 07-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default cool!!

nice to know!!! I'll add them to the program! I love having 800 memory channels at my disposal on the ft-8900.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Shawn I also think it's cool you shout out on the Connection fairly frequently.. you've got me listening a little more, like you I typically monitor the Connection and 146.460. I also agree with the piece of mind it gives, just to hear some beeps every 10 minutes. It's fun to cruise I-70 and hop from one machine to the next.

BTW, I spoke with K9BVB about 10 minutes after I spoke with you last Friday.. you were on .310, I was on Breck, he was on Vail.. thought for sure I'd see him at Camp Hale but didn't. Just curious if you heard that QSO at all as it was kind of scratchy for me.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 07-30-2011, 12:30 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default Yup..

I sure did hear it. So cool...and a perfect reason why "hyper memory 1" is rs1 and theCC. I KNOW I can reach someone i know.

It's cool that I've gotten used to the crowd on the CC and have even checked in from the .310 (pl100). It's cool, and I'll still monitor the cc regularly, I like the fact that at this point I know of a dozen or so regulars on the connection. So far, I haven't really seen much abuse...at all on any repeater. But I did just add a tn repeaters , so...the scan is on!

Lets get that repeater UB posted the other day.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Rock Stacker

Just a heads up, if you aren't already aware and want to contribute to the CC:

***** COLORADO CONNECTION BULLETIN *****

To follow up on the previous bulletin on the project on Mt Baldy in Breckenridge.

We will be requiring as much help as possible to demolish the old repeater building and move the new one we have at the site in place. We have heavy equipment arranged for the job but will especially require people with pickup trucks or 4 wheel drives with trailers to haul the parts of the old building to the local dump. This may require some unloading on the dump end. A 2-wheel drive vehicle with a bit more than normal car ground clearance can easily make it up to the site. Please bring sunscreen, gloves, hand tools (hammer and or nail bar) a warm jacket (we will be working at the 12,000 foot level), and something to eat and drink.

We will also be needing people that can help with tower work and reinstalling the repeater and link radios.

We will be meeting on Saturday 8/13/11 and Sunday 8/14/11 between 7:30 and 8:00 AM at the City Market Parking Lot in Breckenridge in the shopping center on the corner of the old Main street (Co. hwy 9) and the Truck Bypass on the north end of town. Talk in on 146.79 repeater or 146.52 simplex. If you are not able to make it that early or do not have a vehicle that you wish to drive up there please come anyway and contact us on the radio or try my Cell Phone 970 389-4405 (coverage is not the best at the site so keep trying) when you get to Breckenridge. This project is being done mainly because of a new local government ordinance that requires that we improve the appearance of the site or vacate so please help as this is a critical site for linking the east to west.

Most of the demolition and building moving will be on Saturday 8/13/11.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Lifted

Would someone send me a list of the CO repeaters? Do the frequencies change often? What website do you use? I found some that were dated several years ago and some that wanted me to subscribe.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Hard Core 4+

http://www.colcon.org

"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 08-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default there are lots of clubs

I started with this link provided on a thread in here somwhere: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index...rs_in_Colorado

I'd recommend clicking through to the club/assoc. links and join some that are close to you or you think you might use. I joined the CRA simply because it was one of the first I found as a new Tech and can hit their repeaters really well. another nice thing about becoming a club member is some clubs have autopatch features (nice if your wife isn't a Ham you ABSOLUTELY need to know how much milk to pick up on the way back from the trail. ) I don't have the time or know-how right now to contribute outside of writing a small check. And I'm sure they appreciate that kind of support just as much.

You'll see the Colorado Repeater Assoc. (W0CRA), Denver Repeater club...actually you'll find them all up and down the front range. they all have repeater lists with tones, some have coverage maps, info which ones may be linked, how to unlink...all kinds of good stuff.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Lifted

Thanks for the info. So if a repeater is "linked" that means if you transmit to one it repeats to all the linked ones?
Old 08-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default yep...

for instance...the CRA has a boulder repeater that's normally linked to the 147.225 freq. but through a series of commands on your mic you can unlink it. the CRA has instructions on that.

in some cases they'll also link 70cm to 2m, too.