Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 06-19-2006, 11:10 PM
Rock Stacker

Default I coming to visit you! Sept 12th-17th

Be afraid.... be very afraid....

Seriously though, I bounced here from ih8mud and wanted to contact my fellow cruiser heads in the Denver area.

I'm flying out to the CEDIA show for work Sep 12th - 17th
I'm not sure how much free time I'll have during those days, but I might be free for a dinner and or something.

The real question is if anyone will be free the previous weekend (sept 8th-11th) as I can get my employer to fly me out early on Friday.

I'm hoping some of you might be willing to haul me into the mountains or something
I've never been to CO, much less Denver and am pretty excited about it! I hear it's beautiful out there and would LOVE to see some of the country from a cruiser!

Anyway, it's a bit off, but I have to send in my flight itinerary by next week so hopefully everyone here can give me some ideas (I don't even know how close the mountains are..... duh... )

I realize a trail trip might be a bit much to ask, but I'd be happy meeting some new cruiserfolk and just hang out a bit. Mabe someone can show me around Denver?

Hope to see you all then!

Chris Basehore
Shippensburg PA

Last edited by Klunky Chris; 06-04-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:24 PM
Rising Sun member

Nice! Be careful, once you lay your eyes on Colorado you may never want to go back home...

I'm sure somebody will be able to take you up and show you the countryside that weekend, we're glad to be hospitable!
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 06-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali
Nice! Be careful, once you lay your eyes on Colorado you may never want to go back home...
Lol too true.

The blow of work and go wheelin run might be perfect for you. Its during the week and you could meet many of the local cruiserheads.

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
rage, rage, against the dying of the light" - Dylan Thomas
Old 06-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanB
Lol too true.

The blow of work and go wheelin run might be perfect for you. Its during the week and you could meet many of the local cruiserheads.

That's what I thought until I saw this is sept he's geared up for

Chris, I'm sure we can get something going for you out here. Remind me in a few months
TLCA#4180
Old 06-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesintl
That's what I thought until I saw this is sept he's geared up for
Duh, I missed that too... must get more coffee...

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
rage, rage, against the dying of the light" - Dylan Thomas
Old 06-20-2006, 09:56 AM
Trail Ready

Chris,

You'll love it out here...not that there's anything wrong with Shippensburg! Went there for three semesters back in '82/83. My 'rents still live in Mechanicsburg. Like Wes said, I'm sure we can cook up something when you're out here...

Chris
'99 F350 CC, 7.3 PSD
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
TLCA #7412

Statistics show that 95% of all Jeeps ever built are still on the road. The other 5% made it home.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe
Chris,

You'll love it out here...not that there's anything wrong with Shippensburg! Went there for three semesters back in '82/83. My 'rents still live in Mechanicsburg. Like Wes said, I'm sure we can cook up something when you're out here...

Chris

That's funny Chris. I didn't know you went to shippensburg. My friend that lives up in summit's wife got her masters from there. I went up to party one halloween in 91 or so... It wasn't g-town but once we found the right bars I don't remember much. I pretty much had to park the car at the supermarket parking lot and pass out with the girl i was with. I didn't know how to get back to my friends place. Luckily once they knew the bars closed and we didn't come home they went to look for us Luckily shippensburg is a one horse town and they found us. Who knew the police station was next to the supermarket

One and only time I was there
TLCA#4180
Old 06-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Rising Sun Commander

come on out, Chris! You couldn't pick a better time to see the mountains than September.. no doubt there will be many a trip!

Quote:
Like Wes said, I'm sure we can cook up something when you're out here...
I hope that was a pun..

www.gamiviti.com

Old 06-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesintl
That's funny Chris. I didn't know you went to shippensburg. My friend that lives up in summit's wife got her masters from there. I went up to party one halloween in 91 or so... It wasn't g-town but once we found the right bars I don't remember much. I pretty much had to park the car at the supermarket parking lot and pass out with the girl i was with. I didn't know how to get back to my friends place. Luckily once they knew the bars closed and we didn't come home they went to look for us Luckily shippensburg is a one horse town and they found us. Who knew the police station was next to the supermarket

One and only time I was there
Wow... it really IS a small world isn't it?!? 2 people know Shippensburg U?!?

I was just in Key West and it seemed like everyone I met was from Central PA... wierd

Glad you had fun!
El Jefe, 82-83 !!! So you know about the Fall Ball and Spring Fling? people came from ALL over to those things.... until they set a cop car on fire and it was finally all shut down... somewhere in there Playboy reated SU as the #1 party school.... it's ALL different now....

Anyway, during the show I'll be pretty darn busy, but might get a night free. There tends to be co-worker.... A-hem... *Team Building* that hapens until the wee hours after we get out of the show at night.

However, i think My boss is going to let me come out early as I stated above! I figure a weekend would be cool!

I'll plan on it at this end, I just wanted to give you all plenty of notice

REALLY looking forward to it!
Old 06-20-2006, 01:11 PM
Rising Sun Member

We should be able to do something. If notrhing else, we can put you to work on our Raffle rig (jk).

Thats a nice time of year out here and a great time to wheel.
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper