Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 06:39 AM
Rising Sun member

Default 2011 Argentine Pass Cleanup Run 2

We had a GREAT day up in the hills yesterday and got a TON of work done! Thank you to all who participated! Ranger Huber was there, which was AWESOME, and we definitely took advantage of the time to talk about future projects and identify problem areas. Over all, the trail looked EXCELLENT, with only minor trash at a couple campsites. The attempted snow drift bypasses are healing satisfactorily, and with hopefully a couple of projects next spring the area should be in tip-top shape!

We explored the lower road first (248.1B), put up some carsenite, then moved to the south side of the valley (248.1A), checked out 248.1D and had lunch, then checked the closure at the top of 248.1A. We headed back to the main road (248.1), where most of the group split and headed back to Denver. Myself with Martin, CJ7Matt and Rick headed up to the top of Argentine Pass proper, checked some signage, then proceeded to head out. We got back to the trailhead just after 5:30, and it was definitely time to call it a day! We filled up the back of the FS pickup with trash bags, boy we ended up with a surprising amount of trash, seems like there's always some new trash cache to find when you're exploring around campsites.

Anyway, some pictures:
Attached Images

Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 09-26-2011, 06:41 AM
Rising Sun member

more
Attached Images

Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
Old 09-26-2011, 06:46 AM
Rising Sun member

last
Attached Images

Rising Sun Bio
Old 09-26-2011, 07:29 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Awesome.....thank you folks for your time and efforts! Looks like you were treated to some serious eye candy!!!!!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 09-26-2011, 08:00 AM
Rising Sun Member

Nice work you guys!!! It looks like you guys got some really nice colors and got a lot done! Pretty sweet that you got to work with such a cool ranger!
82 FJ40
Old 09-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Hard Core 4+

I ended up hitting the trail at 10:10 and took a spur that lead to a camp site to clean. I reached Santiago Mine around 11:30 where I waited thinking lunch would be at the mine and i hike up the hill to get pictures of the group as they came around the corner after a few on the hill (an hour) i decided to walk around all the pits around the building to pick stuff up, mostly water bottles, but i did manage to roll a old tire up the hill and placed it next to the trail as I did not have any place to put it. at about 1:20 i decided to head back down to see if I could run into anyone and also to head home, while picking up trash along the way. When I finally got down I waited at the bottom to get pics while taking short hikes up to pick up trash throw of or blown off the trail a bit. All in all it was a great day even if I didn't get to meet up with everyone until the end, between being out doors, helping out a area i love and seeing and hearing reactions from people I ran into who i told about our efforts, I make it done as a satisfying day!
Attached Images

2008 FJC (SRTBUS)

"In-justice is a threat 2 justice everywhere" MLK

"I remain just one thing, and one thing only- And that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician." Charlie Chaplin
Old 09-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Hard Core 4+

some more
Attached Images

2008 FJC (SRTBUS)

"In-justice is a threat 2 justice everywhere" MLK

"I remain just one thing, and one thing only- And that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician." Charlie Chaplin
Old 09-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Rising Sun member

Brandon, sorry we missed you for most of the day but glad that you were able to check out some areas that we were not. I'll be back up there Friday to pick up that tire! Did you happen to try and reach us on the radio?
Rising Sun Bio
Old 09-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Hard Core 4+

Thanks for efforts, sorry we weren't there to help.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Hard Core 4+

Great work guys!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I wasnt able to make it. Plum tired and needed to catch up on some ZZZZZZ's.

Looks like there was some great color up there, now i'm kinda bummed I missed it.

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"