Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 06-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk
Question African 4 wheeling

I chatted with Carey a few weeks ago. Does anyone have interest in having a presentation at one of our meetings?
-Matt

We are a 4x4 luxury expedition company offering self-drive (or chauffered) adventure itineraries through various African countries. I feel this is a product that would really appeal to members of the Rising Sun 4x4 Club as they will have they opportunity to drive fully fitted Land Rovers through exciting African terrain. These expedition vehicles enable travelers to explore the back roads of Africa and camp out in utmost luxury. Take a look at our website http://www.baobabexpeditions.com for more details on our routes, equipment, and exciting destinations.

As discussed, I would be very happy to speak with your group and do a presentation. We would also be interested in exploring banner ads or a link to Baobab Expeditions at your website. Approximately how many members do you have at Rising Sun? Out of curiosity, do you have demographics on your members?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Many thanks for your consideration.

Kind Regards,
Carey

Carey Graeff
USA Managing Director

Tel: +1 212 807 4195
Fax: +1 212 957 1912
Cell +1 720 201 9355

305 Madison Avenue
Suite 449
New York, New York 10165
United States

www.baobabexpeditions.com
cgraeff@baobabexpeditions.com
Old 06-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Hard Core 4+

I'm not sure the Morgan budget could accomodate adventure itineraries through various African countries, but boppin' thru Africa in a 4x4 (Toyota preferably) would be fun.
Egg-specially if'n I could shoot thangs like cape bufflers too.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Carey Graeff

We will happily arrange for Toyota Land Cruisers if you prefer! Itineraries will vary in cost depending on accommodation options selected and we will customize a program to suit your travel wishes and budget. Airfare generally comes in around $1500 - $2000 and then land arrangements will start around $2000 per person. We prefer that the only shooting that you do is with your camera......
Old 06-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Ok, this just made the "lotto list," right after I pay off my house and sock away the boy's college.. I'll pop for the rest of the Rising Sun too (well maybe just the officers.. )

I'd personally enjoy seeing a presentation some time, but a lot of planets would need to align before this could realistically happen, I suspect there's a more affluent bunch then us Colorado Cruiser guys? Then again, I do enjoy a delightful blend of expedition and luxury camping...

Plus we drive Land Cruisers all the time, so when I go sign me up for one of these pimped-out Defenders! gotta get me one of those tents

www.gamiviti.com

Old 06-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman
Ok, this just made the "lotto list," right after I pay off my house and sock away the boy's college.. I'll pop for the rest of the Rising Sun too (well maybe just the officers.. )
Dude, I think if you bought all the officers LR's then they may ban you from the club

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
rage, rage, against the dying of the light" - Dylan Thomas
Old 06-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanB
Dude, I think if you bought all the officers LR's then they may ban you from the club
We would also need new officers! Better yet Nak....just send bank checks...it's the thought that counts! Besides the only one in the club who whould appreciate the Brit mobiles would be John and he's not even an officer.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 06-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Rising Sun Commander

No, no, I'm just taking you guys to Africa to drive the LR's.. not going to buy the silly things. Well, maybe one D-90 but I won't tell anyone.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 06-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Hard Core 4+

Just put a Toyota emblem on it and it will be as much Toyota as many of the rigs at Cruise Moab!!!!!!!

I didn't think Carey would read my redneck improv.... DOH!
Really, I don't drive around and shoot thangs... well, during hunting season maybe. OK, I might set up proper targets and safe shooting situations in order to corrupt Mssr. Romer's kids, but...
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili
OK, I might set up proper targets and safe shooting situations in order to corrupt Mssr. Romer's kids, but...
MIGHT

11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 06-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Carey Graeff

Nakman, I like the way you're thinking. You've absolutely got the Land Rover thing down and they are sweet. I do understand some prefer the Land Cruiser which is fine however. I'm thrilled to hear that we are part of you lotto winning wish list. That's a start to be sure. I'm not here to corrupt anyone's kids or shoot anything, so we'll leave that out of this one. There are cheaper ways to 4x4 through Africa, but you won't be driving yourself, and it sounds to me like that isn't your style at Rising Sun. If anyone is serious about a trip or knows anyone that would be, let me know your budget and I'll see what I can put together.....