Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun > Cruise Moab Trail Leaders

Old 11-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Kimmel View Post
well assuming I still have my truck, I'll be happy to fall in line somewhere
I am in the same boat, if I have a truck and $$ I will lead one to two trails. Juast have to wait till March to see where I stand. Sorry I can't give you a more solid answer Rudy but you know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 11-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Hard Core 4+

Jeremy and Tom:

Thanks for offering to lead/gun trails at CM2012 if you still have trucks to wheel.
I might find myself in the same situation too!
Old 11-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Hard Core 4+

Sascha: Hey man, sincere thanks for offering to lead Chicken Corners on Saturday. Despite the low difficultly rating, this trail is a lot of fun with intrepid new wheelers on your trip. Plus, if you are in your 40 it will be really nice to be in the front with no top or doors!
Old 11-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Hard Core 4+

Jon:

Hey I heard you took the initiative to offer up your own personal trail time and that of some additional folks in the Book Cliffs Cruisers to help Rising Sun lead trails at Cruise Moab 2012. Thank you.

If you take a look at the 2nd thread in this forum, there is a pretty good list of the trails I'd like to try to help get trucks out on and who I have leading each trail. This might help the other BCC leaders see a trail they enjoy running and wouldn't mind leading at CM2012.

I put you down to gun with Dave on his trip for now. Please let me know if you are interested in leading a trail as well as gunning with Dave.
I'll try to let you know if I hear word on a 100s run with Farnham too.

As far as the book goes: Yep. There are certainly some places it could use some updates. The meeting locations for the trails needs to be cleaned up for sure! I'll share your interest with the CM2012 committee. Thanks!

Sincere thanks, Stephen

Last edited by leiniesred; 11-21-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Hard Core 4+

Mike: I've been on the trail with you a time or two and I think that you and your truck would have a great time on a trail with like-size trucks and experienced drivers. I know the spike can be a long day, but I could really use your help leading it. It is tough to find folks to lead the tougher trails. How about leading the Spike on Thursday? Sincere thanks for stepping up and helping us out at CM2012.

Besides, I'm saving all the metal mashers for Neil Q. Neil has led Metal Masher at every cruisemoab I can remember. (just joking, Neil! We'll try to keep you from another Masher trip!)

Hope you get your winch, Mike. It is very rarely needed on the trails we run, but I know it is handy for helping people keep the front tires on the ground on widowmaker too!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Rock Stacker

I would be more than happy to lead on spike, only problem is being as CM is a working vacation I have to be back at camp early for vendor night.

One of my coworkers just bought a 4runner set up similar to me and we were talking about possibly signing up to lead and codog with eachother. I'll let you know what he decides.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Hard Core 4+

Right on, Mike. Just keep me posted. We'll work something out no worries. Just let me know what fits best for you guys. Take a look at the 2nd post in this thread for a quick map of who is leading what and when.

Thanks again,
Stephen
Old 12-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Wincher

If needed I could possibly lead:

Thursday: Hells Revenge or Chicken Corners
Saturday: Pritchett (depends on vehicle taken)
Old 12-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Hard Core 4+

Hi Scott. Thanks for offering to lead a trail at CM 2012. It is going to be a great event!
For now, Let's put you on Hell's revenge on Thursday. If you bring the big truck, I might need your help leading the largely self-guided crew on a Pritchett Canyon trip.
Thanks again, Stephen
Old 01-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiniesred View Post
Jon:

Hey I heard you took the initiative to offer up your own personal trail time and that of some additional folks in the Book Cliffs Cruisers to help Rising Sun lead trails at Cruise Moab 2012. Thank you.

If you take a look at the 2nd thread in this forum, there is a pretty good list of the trails I'd like to try to help get trucks out on and who I have leading each trail. This might help the other BCC leaders see a trail they enjoy running and wouldn't mind leading at CM2012.

I put you down to gun with Dave on his trip for now. Please let me know if you are interested in leading a trail as well as gunning with Dave.
I'll try to let you know if I hear word on a 100s run with Farnham too.

As far as the book goes: Yep. There are certainly some places it could use some updates. The meeting locations for the trails needs to be cleaned up for sure! I'll share your interest with the CM2012 committee. Thanks!

Sincere thanks, Stephen
Stephen-
I've been away from the forum for a bit, sorry for a late reply. Thanks for putting me down. I messaged Farnham about the 100 run. If he doesn't plan on it, is anyone else (Romer, Nakman) thinking of leading a 100 series run? I'm happy to gun for someone, or just come along for the ride! I understand that the 100 is proliferating (so much for it not being a real land cruiser) and that a model specific run may not be as realistic or fair any more.

If we get closer to the event and still have runs that need leaders (~5) difficulty I would be happy to step in. Feel free to use and abuse me.

We had a great turnout at our first meeting this year. I presented the information to the club for contacting this forum with interest in Leading / Gunning.

I have secured time off for the pre-trip and CM and am looking forward to it. Lot's to do with the truck before hand!

Last edited by jonharis; 01-11-2012 at 09:25 PM.