Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 01-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Hello Rising Sun from Alabama. I just made a reservation at SRCG for my first major trip west of the Mississippi. Is there a schedule of events and information about the overnight run? We will be leaving Huntsville, Ala. Friday afternoon to arrive Sunday (1700 miles). Is the registration up? Looking forward to seeing the beautiful sights! I hope you don't mind a newby. I have a 2008 FJ TT and a 73 FJ40. I am a member of the Smokey Mountain Cruisers group out of Tennessee.
Welcome! Leave the wannabe cruiser home and bring the real one . Just kidding, all rigs are welcome.
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
Old 01-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Wincher

Default Fng

Hey guys, I just signed up followed the link over from the Cruise Moab site. I will be attending this year and hoping to snag a spot on the double over-nighter too. I'm in Glenwood Springs, CO. If anyone else is in the area hit me up if you want go wheeling. I've got a dirtbike and dualsport bike too if any of you guys ride. Just wanted to pop in and say hi and hope to see you guys out there.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post
Hey guys, I just signed up followed the link over from the Cruise Moab site. I will be attending this year and hoping to snag a spot on the double over-nighter too. I'm in Glenwood Springs, CO. If anyone else is in the area hit me up if you want go wheeling. I've got a dirtbike and dualsport bike too if any of you guys ride. Just wanted to pop in and say hi and hope to see you guys out there.
Come on down to GJ any time! We have a few people from Glenwood who attend our runs. I ride a KLR650, if I get up that way during the summer I'll try to get in touch with you. I'm going to try to make it to the Cruiser-Q too!
Old 01-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Rock Stacker

Ya know waiting on the registration to open up is kill all of us.... but really no pressure
Old 01-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

We're getting close. Really, we are.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Rock Stacker

Well, after last year and my excitement for this year, and even though I don't own a cruiser ... I got myself a TLCA membership.

You guys gotta open registration so that I can start focusing spending money on dinner night raffle tickets and such.

White '98 TRD Extended Cab
ARB Front Bumper, T-Max 9000lb Winch, Lightforce Striker 170s, YotaFab Custom Rear Bumper
IVD Coilovers, TC UCAs & Spindle Gussets, Deaver Leaf Springs, Bilstein 5125s
Tacoma Manual Hub Swap, Tundra S13WE Calliper and Rotors, Brembo Rear Drums, SS Brake Lines
35x12.5 BFG MTs, 4.88 Gears, ARB Front Locker, TRD Rear Locker
Painted, Fenders Cut and Bed Bobbed.

CT4WD Team - "See you on the trails!"
Old 01-20-2012, 11:05 AM
Rock Stacker

I was wondering if anyone has done Pritchett Canyon in a FJC.
Anyone done it? heard of, seen someone try?????
Old 01-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdMan View Post
I don't know of anyone personally who has run it in an FJC. A quick search of youtube did not yield any videos of FJC's. Read the trail descriptions, watch some youtube videos of other vehicles on the trail and make your call.

Keep in mind you will have to have 35's and two lockers to even consider registering for it during CM.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 01-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdMan View Post
Yes, I have seen two FJCs on this trail. It's doable. In addition to 35" tires and lockers, make sure you have a winch -- you'll be pulling some cable during the day. Almost everyone winches on Pritchett unless you have a rock buggy.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbet View Post
I don't know of anyone personally who has run it in an FJC. A quick search of youtube did not yield any videos of FJC's. Read the trail descriptions, watch some youtube videos of other vehicles on the trail and make your call.

Keep in mind you will have to have 35's and two lockers to even consider registering for it during CM.
I did the Youtube and have asked around on 2-3 forums this is my first good answers. I have 34" tires, 2 lockers, 4.7 xfer, and about 3" off the belly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
Yes, I have seen two FJCs on this trail. It's doable. In addition to 35" tires and lockers, make sure you have a winch -- you'll be pulling some cable during the day. Almost everyone winches on Pritchett unless you have a rock buggy.
Winch, check. I have a couple buddies that want to run it and I have run a bunch of Black trail rock gardens at Rausch Creek with them.
I'm thinking it might be easier to bow out from dif trail and get in on easier than the other way around. Is that a correct assumption?