Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 01-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McCoy View Post
Just out of curiosity how does Moab Rim normally do?
You usually won't have any problems getting on that run. It does have a fair amount of off camber stuff but is very doable with lockers, tires and skid/rocker armor.
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
Old 01-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

How long has it been since you ran or saw someone run Pritchett's with an FJC? The only reason I ask is, when we ran Pritchett's last year it had gotten so tore up and dug out from the Jeep Safari and the big buggies running it when muddy, that in places people had stacked rocks 3' to 4' high to get through some of the obstacles that dont have bypasses. Unless you have a really built long wheelbase rig the rockpile is almost impossible unless you want to risk a backflip or winch up it.

A well built FJC may be able to make it but you may be risking some body damage.
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
Old 01-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Rock Stacker

I'm def not against pulling cable .. but that does sound like a bunch of rock stacking.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Randy View Post
How long has it been since you ran or saw someone run Pritchett's with an FJC? The only reason I ask is, when we ran Pritchett's last year it had gotten so tore up and dug out from the Jeep Safari and the big buggies running it when muddy, that in places people had stacked rocks 3' to 4' high to get through some of the obstacles that dont have bypasses. Unless you have a really built long wheelbase rig the rockpile is almost impossible unless you want to risk a backflip or winch up it.

A well built FJC may be able to make it but you may be risking some body damage.
The last time I saw an FJC run it was 3 or 4 years ago and it was pretty beat up then. I can only imagine how it is now.