Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 10-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default iPhone 4S

Anyone have one yet? Any reason other than personal preference I should not get one? I'm not married to the idea yet but as we are an Apple household around here I figured I'd give one a shot. Currently a Blackberry user. Only complaint there is the web browser is so slooooooow.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 10-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Hard Core 4+

Got one. Not sold on it yet. Seems slower than my Droid Incredible2 and not keen on only apple apps.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Bought one for my wife. It's significantly faster than my iPhone 4.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Rock Stacker

I just bought one. Super fast compared to the iphone 3g which is what I had previously
Old 10-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Rising Sun Commander

The voice activated stuff is kind of neat, not sure how soon until the novelty wears off or if it'll stick for good. the 8mp camera is very nice. and the tabbed browser is sweet too, but that's an ios5 thing, could get that with the 4. Still, likely one of the better upgrades.

but coming from a Blackberry, you'll love it- managing emails is considerably better.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 10-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Rising Sun Member

The two cool things I like, not "s" features though, is Face time and if I buy a book or music, Itunes downloads automatically to my Ipad and Iphone.

My buddy has the "S" and leaves himself messages, like don't for get to do my orders when I get home. His phone knows when he gets home, kind of cool.

I bought Melinda a 4 a few weeks ago for 99.00, hard to argue with a 100 bucks, she loves it compared to her older iphone.
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 10-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Lifted

Just replaced my Droid X with a iPhone 4S. Worlds faster, more stable, better camera. I had a Blackberry (I think it was a Bold) before the Droid, and the browsing was awful. The 4S is way better than both. The camera in it is actually getting really close to a solid P&S camera, for HD video and stills both.

I was really on the fence about if the 4S was worth $100 over the 4, but after comparing some of the load times to the 4 I think it's worth it. Browsing is also a lot snappier with the 4S. The other thing I really like is that the delay from screen locked to being able to take a picture is much shorter with the double tap on the home button. Not a huge thing, but for those, "Hey, quick, grab a camera!" shots, it's nice.

The other nice thing about Apple's phones is that the secondary market for a used one seems to be pretty consistently close to what you paid for it two years ago on contract price. That may be changing with the free and cheaper models, but checking around ebay it looks like 3GS have been going in the $150-165 range. Not bad to get 75% of original investment on a consumer electronic device.

2004 UZJ100 - stockish for the time being.
Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Sold - 2010 Tacoma, lifted, locked, armored
Old 10-31-2011, 07:26 AM
Hard Core 4+

please test drive the windows os, and the droid os. most of the devices with those os are MUCH better phones than the iphone. If you are looking for apple os connectivity and usefulness, get the iphone. other than that, windows seven mango os does as much if not more than the iphone for the average user. Their voice commands run circles around apples.

john (johnny) henley
Old 11-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Rock Stacker

I just bought a 4s and retired the DroidX. I'm pretty impressed with it so far. I also retired my Dell Laptop for a MacBook Air as my work computer.