Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 11-15-2011, 08:48 AM
Rising Sun member

what kind of bike carrier was that?
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 11-15-2011, 08:48 AM
Rising Sun Member

soon after the wheeling got a bit more technical coming in to the doll house we were treated to a stellar moonrise over the mountains... my crummy little camera didn't quite capture it, but it was stunning.

then it got a bit darker and we finished dropping down into the dollhouse where we found Bruce on his KTM waiting. I think he was getting chilly wile we dilly dallied looking at the moon. Sorry Bruce.... it was pretty

the evening found us playing with the RC40 and drinking quite a bit again. you guys have seen plenty of pictures of that already...

the next morning we drove back up to chimney rock where the trail head to get to the Harvest scene was. after checking the map and figuring out we had plenty of HAM radios and GPS's we headed off.

The walk down was nice, with lots of water in the wash and fun rocks to play around and on. It was nice to be walking rather than driving.

Our tour guide was pretty excited so he started throwing gang signs.
Attached Images

82 FJ40
Old 11-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Rising Sun Member

After continuing down the wash for a bit we finally reached the Harvest Scene. At first we came to a few teaser Pictographs, but a bit farther down the way we bumped into the Harvest Scene. The pictures i took seemed really washed out so on almost all of these I jacked with the contrast and brightness just so some of the detail would show. I have to say that the detail in these pictographs was unreal. I was literally blown away. I could have sat there all day looking at that wall. Hopefully some other folks got better pictures. It was a very special place. If you ever go there please respect it and enjoy it..
Attached Images

82 FJ40
Old 11-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Rising Sun Member

After finding a few more fun rocks Tim could try to hide in we made our way back up. Hiking back up and out found us at the trucks again where we loaded up and headed back to camp chatting about the days adventure and figuring out who's brats and burgers we'd cook that night. Back at camp we drank more and ate till we were full... then back to the RC40 once more for more photo sessions and a bit of bragging as we cleared bigger and bigger obstacles.

The second picture is a shot I took of us headed back from the Maze overlook. Bruce took off toward the Maze overlook since the original plans was for us all to camp there. after deciding to head to the dirty devil instead Blair and I took the 60 and ran out to grab him. we made good time and since we were pretty close to the maze overlook when we were able to contact Bruce on the radio we went ahead and drove out to it. Man it was windy and cold out there. I didn't actually get a shot of the maze overlook.

We made it back to the intersection where we'd left Blairs rig and all started heading down the poision springs wash road. We were making pretty good time again so I was only able to snag one shot as we rounded a corner and saw the dirty devil in the valley.

Soon we dropped down to the river and found the rest of the gang working on Chris' rig. we did our best to get it running then finally decided to cut our losses and head out while we still could make it to Hanksville at a decent hour. Tim did a wonderful job of coordinating the towing effort and with Blair and myself in front of and behind Romer towing Chris we were able to make it out pretty quickly. Nice job Gentlemen.

The next morning found us in a rainy Green River Motel. we woke up and sorted out Chris' belongings and headed out to the Gyser before getting on the Hwy to head home. It was a neat stop before finishing the trip out.
Attached Images

82 FJ40
Old 11-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
what kind of bike carrier was that?
not sure, I am sure Bruce can comment though... here is a picture you can kinda see it in. it sat under the motor and clamped the bike to the thing with the foot pegs. then a jack lifted it all up a pretty decent ways..
Attached Images

82 FJ40
Old 11-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Rising Sun Commander

Great report, Marco! you nailed all the good stuff. And thanks again everyone for the epic adventure, was a privilege to hang out with everyone and see all that.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 11-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Rising Sun Member

Super write up and pics!
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 11-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Rising Sun member

any river crossing pics?
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 11-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Rising Sun Member

"Permagrin" sums up my version of the trip.

What an "amazing" place. Thanks Chris for making the trip happen and a big thanks to all who helped me to indulge my two wheeled obsession. My tires are noticeably more worn after the trip.

The road to the Dollhouse and the road to the Overlook were the high points of the trip for me, and Bobby's Hole was pretty cool too, actually Poison Springs Canyon was good too, aw hell, it all was good. I really don't want to wait till next Spring to do more of that.

The bike carrier is a Moto Jack Rack. It was later renamed and sold as the Ultimate MX Hauler.
"If you know what you're doing, then you aren't learning anything." - A. Lincoln
Old 11-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Hard Core 4+

If there is a sign up for next year, please put me on the list now

1999 UZJ 100 Series bone stock ready to rock AKA:The backup minivan

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan, fastest Toyota in the stable.

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili