Old 02-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Hard Core 4+

Old 02-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Hard Core 4+

Cool. Like the shifter mod.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Lifted

Update time:

Emissions testing is in process. I went to the tech center in Littleton about a week ago and failed the inspection. Why? Because the I/M readiness monitors were showing 'not ready'. This was due to the battery deciding that was the day it was done. They had to jump the truck to get it to start so that I could leave.

So - new battery is in place, but now I am getting an occasional P0455 code which shows 'gross evap leak'. At first I though it was truly a leak and went through a bunch of test to try and find it. Turns out it was the evap vent valve was not getting the required B+ voltage it needs. I fixed this last night and the CEL went away this morning.

I am still showing the evap is not ready and also the O2 sensors are showing not ready. I put a pair of new Denso sensors in last night as well. Hopefully they will go to ready in the next few days. It's hard trying to get into the correct drive cycle because there are not many roads that allow for a 6+ minute uninterrupted cruise a 55 mph.

The center also said my 315s are too big for the rollers....

powered by an all-aluminum 335hp L33 Vortec V8

2004 Kona Stinky dee-lux.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Lifted

Update time:

Emissions testing is in process. I went to the tech center in Littleton about a week ago and failed the inspection. Why? Because the I/M readiness monitors were showing 'not ready'. This was due to the battery deciding that was the day it was done. They had to jump the truck to get it to start so that I could leave.

So - new battery is in place, but now I am getting an occasional P0455 code which shows 'gross evap leak'. At first I though it was truly a leak and went through a bunch of test to try and find it. Turns out it was the evap vent valve was not getting the required B+ voltage it needs. I fixed this last night and the CEL went away this morning.

I am still showing the evap is not ready and also the O2 sensors are showing not ready. I put a pair of new Denso sensors in last night as well. Hopefully they will go to ready in the next few days. It's hard trying to get into the correct drive cycle because there are not many roads that allow for a 6+ minute uninterrupted cruise a 55 mph.

The center also said my 315s are too big for the rollers....

powered by an all-aluminum 335hp L33 Vortec V8

2004 Kona Stinky dee-lux.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Lifted

update

I went back today after all of my readiness monitors switched to ready and I passed the state inspection. The HP Tuners software is the bomb.

I then went next door to the Air Care station and PASSED! They even ran it on the rollers with the 315s on it. These tires measured out at 34.5 which is technically over their limit but when I asked the guy about this, he looked and said that if the tires will fit onto the rollers and not rub on the side of the guides or try to climb over the blocking rollers, then it's good to go.

The cruiser passed. It even passed with the quick test and was on the rollers for about 30 seconds total before the test ended. So get this, my 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser is considered a 'very clean' vehicle since it did not test out for the entire 240 second test and was 'fast passed'.

My numbers are:

HC .4607 Max 1.20 GPM
CO 7.12 Max 15.0 GPM
NOx 1.7105 Max 2.0 GPM

Note that they tested the cruiser at the year model 2000 and greater standards and not the 1994 standards.

The guys gave me high fives, I paid my $25 and was on my way.

The cruiser is now officially 'legal' in the eyes of Air Care Colorado.